Enterprise Architect - Senior Manager
You've proven yourself as a senior leader Enterprise Architect with the expertise and credentials to back it up. Now it's time to step to the next level—to lead dynamic, national teams for clients at the top of their respective industries. Our teams work on the cutting edge, building and delivering the next generation tax applications and services to clients. We're looking for the very best who thrive on what's possible.
What you'll do
As an Enterprise Architect – Senior Manager you will work on high-value enterprises and lead technology strategy across a broader team of cross-functional resources within an enterprise account. You will partner with product managers and own the technical aspects of an engagement, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g. CTO, CIO, architects). We need someone who is passionate about:
- Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute on enterprise cloud strategies.
- Defining and executing on the technology strategy by engaging highly technical teams (other solutions architects, technical account managers, cloud professional services consultants, and consulting/managed services partners).
- Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking enterprise challenges.
- Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies and common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
- Establishing shared IT service centers for cloud operations.
- Soliciting feedback from enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of our enterprise platform.
- Assisting with cost/benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases/total cost of ownership studies for migration.
- Assisting in defining product roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
- Mentoring new members on the team or other groups based their area of depth and expertise.
Deloitte Tax LLP's National Chief Technology & Process Office (CTPO) is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of technology, tools, and standard processes to support the delivery of Tax services. The CTPO team is focused on enhancing Deloitte Tax LLP's ability to deliver comprehensive, value-added, and efficient Tax services to our clients. It is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds from tax technical, technology development, change management, Six Sigma, and project management. The team consults and executes on a wide range of initiatives involving process and tool development and implementation including training development, engagement management, tool design, and implementation.
Our Strategic Tax Application Center (STAC) within CTPO is greatly expanding as a result of the success we have had delivering technology-enabled tax products and services to our clients. STAC focuses on building the next generation tax platform and suite of tax modules to deliver premiere tax service offerings and technology solutions to our tax practitioners and clients. There is a growing demand from our clients, and within our tax platform, for greater levels of functionality and scalability around data management, analytics, and reporting. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a cutting-edge and innovative environment within the larger Deloitte Tax organization.
- 15+ years of experience in Director/Enterprise Architect level positions or above related to enterprise-level infrastructure management
- 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Breath of experience across enterprise IT in several of the following areas: software design or development, infrastructure architecture, content distribution, database architecture; IP networking; IT security; data center operations; enterprise applications
- Breath of expertise in cloud computing, technologies, and architectural best practices
- Expert level technical acumen including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of our platforms and services in conjunction with business requirements
- Expert level ability to understand the business domain of the customer or partner and the business problems the customer or partner is facing, with the intent to solve the business problems
- Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO's) within a customer or partner organization
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners across multiple disciplines
- Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and executive audiences
- Ability to travel up to 50% of your time
- An MBA or a Master's degree in a relevant field
- Experience architecting complex use cases leveraging a multi-vendor environment technologies
- Experience managing executive customer relationships and key business stakeholders
- Understand enterprise architecture frameworks and enterprise IT management frameworks, identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications, and global infrastructure assets
- Broad enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT, and custom Java/.NET applications
- Proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professionals opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18CHITSRMJD009-CPT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top