Enterprise Architect (Hermitage)
Location: Hermitage, TN
We are currently looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented technology leader with heart-deep commitment to success to be a part of our Technology Delivery Studio. This role requires architecture design leadership for various lines of business and enterprise applications for custom web solutions and 3rd party vendor products. Responsible for web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance and scalability in a distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform mobile environment. This role requires extensive experience in architecting and deploying mobile, web, and web-enabled business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale vendor systems.
- Oversees the technology architecture for one or more delivery channels with a focus on consistency, reusability, and integration of a substantial product portfolio.
- Providing overall direction, guidance and definition of enterprise architecture solutions to effectively support the business strategy.
- Provides technical and architectural leadership for Microsoft .NET web applications as well as mobile applications developed in Xamarin.
- Provides technical and architectural leadership on various business and enterprise applications. Works with architecture, development, and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project. Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms.
- Manages and mentors multiple Solution and Application Architects; approves application architecture designs, and lead technical design sessions with architects and developers.
- Defines application technology strategy and architecture to ensure alignment with technology industry standards, application technology roadmap, and business needs. Researches emerging technologies and solutions to solve complex business problems. Proposes and maintains reference architecture.
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers to define and review requirements. Advises and consults senior leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation of technology solutions.
- Recommends changes in process, policies, and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
- Defines and manages the strategic technical roadmap for one or more portfolios consisting of 3 or more studios.
- Proposes and leads two or more Practice Initiatives each year.
- Creates project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Responsible for defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design.
- Leads technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Provides support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
- Works with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
- Reviews and approves 3rd party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy.
- Communicates implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT Leadership.
- Defines and validates non-functional (technical) requirements, and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
- Provides input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Works closely with Performance Engineering and our Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture.
- Stays abreast of changes in vendor landscape, and provides guidance around Deloitte Application Studios' long-term vendor strategy towards mobile application development.
- Instills a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability.
- Seeks and capitalizes on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness.
- Anticipates barriers to change and creates opportunities to remove them.
- Creates a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
- Exhibits high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 8+ years hands-on experience in Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Unified Modeling Language (UML), stateless distributed architectures, and designing for scalability and performance, especially within .Net, HTML5/CSS3, mobile, and WCF technologies.
- Clear understanding of event-driven and delegate-based design paradigms.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), its principles, and patterns at enterprise level.
- Experience in data modeling techniques and knowledge and applicability of various normal forms.
- Experience and knowledge of multi-tier and cross-platform architectures driven towards mobility.
- Experience with architecting mobile enterprise solutions based on REST web services.
- Experience in developing of IT architecture plans and software development methodologies.
- Experience mentoring and leading two or more architects.
- Leadership skills to lead cross-functional teams to delivery of multiple, complex solutions.
- Adept negotiation skills in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience defining roadmaps for a significant product portfolio.
Experience with the following Technologies/Methodologies required:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of .NET Framework development techniques.
- Microsoft .Net, ASP.NET Web API and complementary business layer and front-end technologies.
- Microsoft SQL Server and other most common backend Microsoft technologies.
Experience with the following Technologies/Methodologies preferred:
- Microsoft SharePoint development technologies.
- Agile development environment especially SCRUM using TFS.
- Messaging architectures (EAI), Excel Services, BizTalk, SAP XI, XML, SOAP, and Web Services.
- Data Warehousing and Master Data Management.
- Electronic commerce, EDI, B2B architectures
- Messaging architectures SOAP and REST with JSON text encoding.
- Microsoft Xamarin and related mobile technologies.
- GPS, location based services and other device hardware interactions.
- Usage of automated build and/or unit testing and integration systems.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Experience with Microsoft and Apple frameworks, with extensive knowledge of technical design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
- Leadership skills to indirectly lead cross-functional teams towards common solutions.
- Minimal travel (<10%) is required.
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMGO014-ITL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top