Engineering Construction Sr Manager
Are you a leader who wants to help clients identify key business issues to drive meaningful change? Join our team of Valuation and Capital Projects professionals who bring industry experience, innovation, and specialized knowledge to help our clients make the best decision for their business. Are you interested in helping clients answer critical, mission based questions such as 'how do we complete major infrastructure projects on-time and within budget?' and 'how do we make use of new technologies to improve the construction process?' If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to create value and minimize risk for our clients, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Advisory's Valuation and Capital Projects practice.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager within our practice you will:
- Serve as a key advisor to clients as they make infrastructure decisions that strategically align with organizational objectives
- Build suitable structures, systems and controls so that our clients can deliver capital projects with confidence
- Advise organizations how to plan, manage and control project cost and schedule through construction auditing, schedule analysis and litigation support
- Deploy construction analytics to help our clients harness data to create insights in digestible and actionable form
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects
- Responsible for the development of business and vendor relationships
- Lead pursuit teams focused on new opportunities and lead major aspects of the proposal development process
- Responsible for project(s) financials including development of financial plans
- Lead day-to-day interactions with executive clients and Deloitte team
- Provide counseling/coaching, leadership and support for delivery teams and staff
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal clients exert tremendous influence in funding and delivering the nation's largest, most dynamic infrastructure and construction projects. We have a highly-specialized approach connected with a deep understanding of the Federal marketplace, which enables us to provide insight across the full asset lifecycle. Our approach allows us to help our clients' change the way they plan, fund and deliver the nation's infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture
- 6+ years of construction industry related experience
- Experience with the analysis of project cost and schedule data using construction industry techniques and software applications
- 3+ years in a technical or functional lead role
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Proven track record of consistently attaining managed revenue targets as well as achieving quarterly or yearly sales objectives for new business
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- Previous Professional Services or Big 4 experience
- Currently certified as a PE, AIA, PMP, PSP, CCM
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSADVECCML001
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top