Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Senior Engagement Manager – Talent Studio
Area: Deloitte Application Studios
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN. Open to Chicago area.
- General Responsibilities
- Guides the strategic direction, operations, and maintenance for assigned products or applications.
- Leads and oversees all software development projects for a product portfolio.
- Manages all design, development and QA aspects of the Agile SDLC for multiple projects.
- Directs, evaluates and monitors the progress of product and facilitates discussions with various departments around business objectives, functionality, architecture, and product development.
- Researches new and emerging market trends to evaluate the direction and longevity of product in the market.
- Monitors compliance to standardized procedures and best practices and creates new policies and processes as needed.
- Performs a combination of professional and management duties over work staff. May serve internal or external clients.
- Oversees product roadmap, planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
- Product Responsibilities
- Guides the strategic direction, operations, and maintenance for assigned products or applications. Leads and oversees all software development projects for a product portfolio.
- Manages the Product Innovation Leads to ensure that product roadmaps are developed and executed in line with the established strategy.
- Monitors and prepares development product work plans, budget, and schedules.
- May directly manage the budget and project timeline. Also, may engage leadership in the budgeting and planning process and provide leadership with status updates and potential issues.
- Oversees and conducts research on competitive products both internally and externally; understands business and industry direction to determine and provide advice on product future.
- Seeks ways to reduce application related costs and increase efficiencies of applications in production.
- Integrates the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all channel-related products.
- Ensures that all products support the appropriate business processes and have the appropriate support and maintenance processes in place.
- Project Responsibilities
- Leads the design, development and delivery aspects of a product(s). Partners with business and technical leaders to deliver, maintain, and support enterprise wide business solutions.
- Leads all development aspects of SDLC for Deloitte Application Studios projects in partnership with the PMO.
- Ensures all development and maintenance projects are in accordance with channel strategy, and adhere to product and channel vision and product innovation roadmaps.
- Heads project execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Provides insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and leadership to the Community of Practice staff involved in the effort.
- Partners with channel leaders and project team to design, develop, and support Enterprise-wide solutions.
- Develops project documentation in collaboration with PMO—e.g., project initiation documentation, budget, project plan, and resource plan.
- Ensures resources assigned to projects meet deadlines and focus on the right activities.
- Escalates issues, risks, and decisions to the Channel Leader or other stakeholders as necessary, and develops mitigating actions.
- Monitors progress and status of deliverables.
- Ensures proper functioning of the Products / Applications and recommends upgrades as necessary.
- Reviews projects for completeness of thought and consistency of approach and interface.
- Owns product releases and provides status to Deloitte Application Studios and ITS leadership; escalates issues proactively.
- Ensures standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery life cycle are followed.
- Communicates development and production status and issues to management and stakeholders.
- Project Delivery Teaming
- Organizes and manages multiple product development teams.
- Partners with PMO to prepare overall project schedule, milestones, tasks, and estimates.
- Participates in technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
- Partners with Solution/Application Architects to ensure that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are properly documented.
- Partners with Business System Analysts (BSA) to analyze business and functional requirements which have a impact on business applications.
- Works with offshore Technical Delivery Manager to optimize the mix of the development resources.
- Coordinates with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design.
- Coordinates with BSAs and Quality Engineering teams to ensure proper testing is performed.
- Motivates and leads project delivery teams and instills a mindset of continuous process improvement.
- Offshore Team Oversight
- Manages daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
- Manages both internal and offshore vendor teams' project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Ensures that all project resources are focused on the effort they are aligned to.
- Closely monitors workload of all employees and offshore vendor resources assigned to project.
- Promotes effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions. Experience managing Agile/Scrum projects a plus.
- Experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and manage scope of defined features and functions during project lifecycle.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large web/enterprise applications needed.
- Technical experience in Microsoft .NET, mobile technologies, Xamarin, and/or SAP application development is a plus.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality solution.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus, and have vivid passion for applications delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Creative – able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results – maintains constant awareness of projects and clients; keeps product owners focused on short and long term milestones.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Collaboration and decision making skills.
- Experience interfacing with external software design and development vendors preferred.
- Ability to work productively with all levels in a large organization.
- Ability to travel minimally required, up to 10%.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRGO015-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top