Endpoint Protection Administrator
The Laptop Endpoint Protection (LEP) initiative is a core part of the Global Security Strategy to better protect Deloitte endpoints, prevent the loss of data through the use of un-encrypted USB devices and control access to malicious and inappropriate websites. The LEP platform administrator will be responsible for supporting and configuring the Deloitte LEP platform, ensuring that the platform runs as performant as possible and that all security policy and configuration change requests are accurately implemented following Deloitte standard change control processes and timelines.
Primary responsibilities will be focussed on operational support and management of the platform, including daily operational checks, platform maintenance and upgrades, troubleshooting support issues, and will be responsible for all changes made to the platform in response to member firm or internal change requests service.
The LEP Technical Specialist is vital to providing day to day operational support of the global endpoint protection platform, working closely with the Security Operations Center (SOC), Global Network Operations Center (GNOC), Global and member firm incident response teams and other support organizations across the Deloitte network to respond quickly and efficiently to endpoint specific security and operational events and alerts, change requests submitted by member firms, and any other tasks required to operate and maintain the LEP service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to GNOC, SOC, and Member Firm escalations as necessary to adequately support the global LEP Service
- Understand, contribute to and align activities with LEP security policy optimization
- Monitor the LEP service queue for change requests and ensure changes are implemented within the agreed SLA following strict internal change control processes
- Review security alerts, action as appropriate and initiate escalations to other teams, including Global Incident Response Team
- Create and maintain knowledge documents and playbooks outlining support procedures and workflows
- Work closely with SOC Team to enable their learning and understanding of support processes and procedures and to assist in information and knowledge transfer
- Assist operational issue resolution, including working with other internal Deloitte technology teams and vendors
- Assist with regular platform maintenance and upgrades
- Assist the security architect & subject matter experts with technical issues and testing
- Work directly with Member Firms and end users on operational problem resolution, and on event, policy, and incident resolution
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, including support ticket resolution and tracking.
- Experience with configuration and deployment of endpoint protection platforms (Symantec, McAfee,Microsoft, etc...)
- Experience creating, managing and maintaining endpoint protection security policies in a large, complex environment
- Excellent analytical/problem solving ability, strong influence and negotiation skills, very strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent relationship management skills. Strong customer service skills and orientation.
- Must be creative and independent thinker with the ability to translate technical requirements and challenges into results. Knowledge of configuration, policy, and event workflows and playbooks.
- Information security background and experience. Endpoint protection based technology experience.
- Motivated self-starter able to work independantly without direct supervision.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
One of the following:
- CISSP or equivalent
- Endpoint protection vendor specific certifications (eg: Symantec, McAfee, Microsoft etc..)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years' experience in support and/or operations in the security field, including system management and administration. Experience with security policy (e.g. host firewall, host IDS) design, implementation, review and optimization.
- Familiarity with security architectures and a strong understanding of Active Directory, RBAC and least priviledge.
Requisition code: DE18GLBGTS005BS0596
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top