E - Tax - NFTS - FTS Sr Consultant- ( All major cities)
Do you have excellent tax compliance skills and a strong desire to join a cutting-edge team? Do you like working to help companies achieve their tax objectives and their individual risk profiles? Do you have a passion for a unique and challenging role? If so, we have the career opportunity to keep you intrigued well beyond the tax code! Sign up now!
Work you'll do:
As a Tax Senior you will be responsible for:
- Participating in engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Research and analysis of a wide range of tax issues encountered on our projects while working closely with both our engagement teams and our Partners.
- Day-to-day participation of projects through the delivery of tax consulting services to the client.
- Supervising assignments by the professional accountants serving as Tax Consultants.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings including Strategic Reviews, Inventory Tax Services, and Meals & Entertainment Review Services. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning opportunity, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
The Federal Tax Services (FTS) service line has three unique teams:
- Strategic Tax Review (STR) is a leading client service group focused on identifying tax planning opportunities that generate significant cash savings for their clients in addition to, in some cases, lowering their clients' overall effective tax rate. Typically, clients are large to midsize corporations currently paying cash taxes. Strong targets include, but are not limited to, companies that incur significant capital expenditures and have the objective of identifying substantial recurring tax savings opportunities.
- Inventory Tax Strategies (ITS) is another key service group focused on companies struggling with calculation processes related to LIFO or UNICAP, or that can benefit from specific tax planning associated with such calculations. Clients are not limited based on size and can include companies with less than $50M of inventory or that use the LIFO inventory method; companies that have not evaluated their UNICAP method recently; and companies with a large DTA for inventory reserves and not on LIFO.
- Meals & Entertainment Review Services (MERS) professionals provide tax-saving services to companies that have relatively large M&E disallowances and can benefit from a detailed review of their historic and current methodologies which often results in a significant reduction in the disallowance. Our services also include taxpayers that have received an IDR requesting details of their M&E expenses and calculations. Clients include companies that have an M-3 add-back of $500,000 for meals and entertainment and/or a number of open years, and companies with a cumbersome process to calculate their Schedule M-1 add-back.
- 3+ years' experience in core federal tax compliance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Demonstrated sound judgment and instincts in evaluating complex scenarios
- Demonstrated effective research, and verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Able to travel up to 80%
- Advanced degree: MST, MAcc, JD or LLM
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
- Tax consulting experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ANYTSRCLS444-NFTS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top