Discovery Senior Associate
Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP seeks a Discovery Senior Associate in Chicago, IL.
Work You'll Do
Discovery Senior Associate in Technology Risk responsible for collecting, preserving and analyzing vast amounts of data collected for commercial investigations and litigation as part of an eDiscovery area. Create, manage and utilize high performance relational databases including SQL Server, Microsoft Access and OLAP. Design data entry screens, perform data quality control, develop database reports and user interfaces, and normalize relational data. Preserve electronic data including laptops, desktops, handheld devices using forensically sound methodologies while maintaining chain-of-custody. Perform forensic analysis using Encase, Access Data Forensic Toolkit and/or open source forensic tools and interpret results. Present findings to clients. Provide proactive solutions and recommendations to clients.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of forensic data collection and analysis experience.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Interfacing with legal and client teams to implement customized discovery requests using Encase, forensic tool kit and other forensic tools and
- Utilizing data migration and extraction tools, including Encase, forensic tool kit and other forensic tools to process and transfer data between processing and hosting platforms.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Programming database applications to create custom scripts, and automated jobs using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and create Batch scripting, and perform data visualization;
- Extracting, processing, and performing file system analysis of audit workpapers from audit software to produce documents for third party private attorneys;
- Preparing affidavits, declarations and expert reports related to incident responses; and
- Utilizing mobile device forensic tools, including Cellebrite and XRY, to collect data and conduct forensic analysis.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FF0717CHI1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top