Digital Solutions for Government - Consultant to Manager - Deloitte Digital - London
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital. Deloitte Digital is committed to helping clients unlock the business value of emerging technologies.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we provide clients with a full suite of digital services, covering digital strategy, user experience, content, creative, engineering and implementation across mobile, web and social media channels. We combine fun with serious intent. At Deloitte Digital, business, creativity and technology intersect.
The team at Deloitte Digital includes creative designers, channel strategists, engineers, architects and product specialists – a powerful combination of creativity, business acumen and technical know-how.
We believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our relaxed work environment, intense commitment to quality and truly unique culture.
Our Government Solutions Team
Are you passionate about Digital Government? Would you like to make an impact by developing digital services for the UK Government, our NHS and the wider Public Sector? Better digital services will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people here and abroad.
Our rapidly growing Government Solutions team has a simple goal: to be the leading agency for public bodies embracing the Digital by Default agenda. We cross the divide that most suppliers to Government cannot bridge. We build excellent solutions using agile methods and digital technologies which meet the Service Standard. We deliver our solutions in the complex, messy worlds of legacy technology and challenging organisations. And we work at Board level to address the cultural, governance, commercial and capability challenges that Government faces as it embraces digital.
You will be expected to hit the ground running, working in agile multi-disciplinary team environments, focused on the digital transformation of our clients' services. You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and a proven track record in one or more areas of digital delivery. You will be comfortable challenging the status quo, delivering high quality services and building relationships with our clients and other stakeholders.
Successful applicants will have responsibility for:
- Delivering high quality client work, with analysis and insight that makes good use of our methods and tools alongside personal experience and values
- Applying their experience of digital solutions and techniques to help Public Sector clients achieve their goals
- Creating written communications for clients that are impactful and meaningful in a variety of media including reports, slide packs and letters
- Taking part in and leading activities such as workshops, meetings, research, stakeholder engagement, business analysis, technical analysis and solution design as part of both client projects and internally-focused projects
- Participating in business development activity such as developing bids, writing responses to invitations to tender from clients, preparing materials for client presentations and pitches, and taking part in marketing activity
- Participating in some practice development activity such as developing internal training and organising events
- Researching topics of interest to our clients, developing thought leadership that is relevant and valuable to our firm and our clients
Successful applications at Senior Consultant grade will also have responsibility for:
- Leading projects or workstreams within larger programmes
- Providing guidance and leadership to more junior staff
- Shaping projects using their expertise and experience
Successful applicants at Manager grade will also have responsibility for:
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities for new client projects
- Leading responses to client invitations to tender and bids
- Mobilising and leading projects, leading teams and managing contracts and scope
- Managing the commercial success of their projects and teams, including budgetary management
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Note this specific vacancy does not seek applicants who wish to undertake engineering or development roles. Deloitte Digital is always seeking applications from candidates with digital engineering skills such as development, DevOps, and testing (including for Public Sector projects) – candidates looking for these roles should email their CVs to [email protected] and specify their area of interest/expertise in the subject of the email.
We are seeking applicants for several disciplines of Digital Government Solutions. Successful applicants will have experience of at least one of these disciplines, and may be able to operate across more than one discipline.
The disciplines that we are particularly seeking are:
- Business Analysis – applicants will have experience of: analysing business models, identifying user needs, describing user needs and requirements in manners appropriate to agile delivery, working in multi-disciplinary agile teams, and aligning their analysis with wider organisational and programme-level chanp>
- Delivery Management – applicants will have experience of: designing and operating the governance of agile projects, managing agile delivery under milestone constraints, working in multi-disciplinary teams, and interfacing from project to portfolio-wide reporting and governanp>
- User Researcher – applicants will have experience of: weighing up evidence from sources, devising creative approaches to generating new user evidence, using a variety of user research methodologies to reveal actionable insights and build a rich picture of user groups, and developing recommendations based on evidenp>
- Agile Adviser – applicants will have experience of: using agile thinking to design project approaches with lower delivery risk, creating the cadences and practices of agile iteration at team, project and programme level, and coaching team members about agile mindset and practicp>
- Solution Architecture – applicants will have experience of: shaping business and technical solutions, making technology choices about digital platforms and architectures (with experience of multiple common platforms), and reconciling architectural thinking with agile iteratip>
- Digital Transformation – applicants will have experience of: digital strategy creation and evaluation, service design and experience design, business architecture, customer / citizen experience improvement, and the "art of the possible" with digital technologip>
All applicants will have recent experience commensurate with the desired grade with:
- Designing and building digital solutions in the UK Public Sector
- Standards and approaches such as the Digital by Default Service Standard in Central Government, and equivalents in the Local Government, NHS, Defence, Police and Education sectors
- Project environments in which agile delivery is successfully adopted
- Working in collaborative, multi-disciplinary environments
- Influencing in complex situations where stakeholders do not always agree about methods, choices and strategic direction
- Understanding of the challenges faced by public bodies operating in today's world, for example budgetary constraints and a desire to use digital technologies to reinvent business models
- Awareness of political and commercial drivers of Government and Public Sector businesses in the UK
Characteristics sought from successful applicants include:
- Drive and determination to continually learn new things and develop yourself
- Passion for digital and technology
- Being a team player who enjoys working with others to solve problems and sharing knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including writing marketing material and tender documents
- A balance of logical problem solving and innovative thinking
- Right to live and work in the UK
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) from a reputable university, or a track record of experience that demonstrates capability and credibility at a comparable level
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 125036
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top