Digital – Senior I&E / DevOps Lead
Digital – Senior I&E / DevOps Lead
Deloitte is growing its technology development capability within Romania. We have great ambitions and want you to be a part of growing the future of our Technology practice in the region.
If you're interested in leading the development of innovative digital solutions, then joining Deloitte Consulting as a Senior I&E Lead could be your most rewarding move.
Our Digital service line is an innovative leader in online and mobile strategy, design and development, offering world-class knowledge and resources from the leading global business and technology consultancy. We work with a wide range of iconic local and global organisations, helping them understand and profit from the online and mobile revolution.
We look for our Senior Leads to continually challenge and grow their own technical expertise and business skills in equal balance, growing small teams around them and mentoring. The technology landscape is ever moving. We expect our Senior Leads to be passionate about their areas of focus, staying close to established and emerging trends.
Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and their experience in making key decisions. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class client delivery organization that is a part of one of the world's premier consulting firms.
A Senior I&E Lead is someone that:
- Leads Deloitte and client technical teams that cover one or more of the following disciplines: deployment and configuration management, release management, technical cutover, environments management and infrastructure automation.
- Applies DevOps thinking - i.e. brings development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our clients.
- Architects a project or programme's Deployment Pipeline; the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application and infrastructure services from development through to production.
- Defines and executes a balanced management methodology that is capable of organising a diverse collection of technical activities into a coherant workstream.
- Liaises with Deloitte and client development teams, IT service groups and 3rd parties to encourage process transparency, mutually-beneficial design and delivery practices, and a clear view of roles and responsibilities across the Deployment Pipeline.
- Provides DevOps thought leadership and mentoring in both advisory and delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of our clients' customers and how these are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous architecture or technical team lead experience, preferably fulfilling an infrastructure or environments management role on a major systems delivery programme
- A technical background, with at least 4 years' experience in implementation work; for example, in enterprise Java development or infrastructure automation
- A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to manage medium sized (5-10 people) technical teams
- Architecture and design experience of products and services from current cloud vendors, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud
- Experience in a significant delivery or operational role during the go-live of at least two major web sites (or other large IT systems)
- A good understanding of how an IT operations department is typically organised and the role that it plays within a large company
- Strong general knowledge of what might be referred to as the "DevOps toolkit": continuous integration platforms, infrastructure-as-code frameworks, application release automation tools, IaaS and PaaS technologies etc.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Additional desirable skills include:
- Implementation experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Linux systems administration certification at RHCSA (or equivalent) level or above
- Administrative experience of Jenkins/Hudson, CircleCI, TeamCity, Team Foundation Server or similar continuous integration tool
- Java or .NET development certification at SCJP/MCTS level or above
- Architecture, implementation and operational experience of container technologies such as Docker and CoreOS Rkt
- Experience working in multi-supplier technical and commercial project environments
If you are interested in a position, please contact us.
Requisition code: 123305
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top