DevOps Technology - Senior Consultant
Do you like to get your hands techno-dirty, maybe you've seen an implementation or two, even know something about tax and/or accounting? Our team builds and delivers the next generation of tax applications and services to clients. We need pioneering, entrepreneurial, and passionate professionals who thrive on what's possible to support some of the largest corporations on the planet.
What you'll do
As a DevOps Senior Consultant, you will work directly with the Enterprise Architect to refine and further automate our software development lifecycle, working independently across multiple clients and deployments. You will evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of continuous integration environments. Additional responsibilities include:
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support continuous deployment and managing platforms.
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restores of different environments, and product and infrastructure issues in production environments.
- Continually research and seek out more effective processes to improve overall programs, and be able to effectively drive new operations initiatives successfully and efficiently to conclusion.
- Design and architect scalable, distributed web applications, web/windows services, and cloud-based applications.
- Design/develop critical framework components/reusable modules.
- Produce detailed timelines for each application release, and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Maintain, improve, and optimize our software offerings and development processes.
- Maintain and adhere to set of development and quality standards.
- Establish and execute automated build as well automated testing procedures.
- Implement, monitor, and manage end-to-end DevOps with industry leading platforms, standards, and practices.
- Drive on-time delivery along with high-quality standards.
Deloitte's TMC group helps our clients' tax departments improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to address our clients' objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TMC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect our clients' global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
The Tax Data Management & Analytics (TDMA) team deploys and configures our Custom Tax Portal Application at our clients' sites. TDMA offers a full solution of tax-based process and technology services (including product implementations) to enhance a corporate tax department's ability to deliver value-added contributions to its organizations. The scope of services includes the design and implementation of multiple advanced analytics technology and data management solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in business information systems, computer science, or related degree
- 4+ years of web development experience in Microsoft technologies
- Experience in .Net 4.5 or higher, SharePoint, ASP.NET, MVC, JQuery, AngularJS, SPA Development, OOPs, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, C#, VB.NET, Web Services and Windows Service
- Experience with Visual Studio 2012 and later, and SQL Server 2012 and later
- Experience developing SharePoint applications using out-of-the box SharePoint technologies and custom code
- Understanding of SharePoint Object Model, administration and configuration
- Experience in SharePoint Online, Azure/Azure AD
- Experience deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing Windows/Azure Web Applications
- Experience developing build and automation-CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Octopus, or similar
- Experience deploying and configuring management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar
- Strong PowerShell skills
- Strong understanding of multiple source control systems, including Team Foundation Server
- Experience with multi-tier system development
- Experience working with teams in disparate geographic locations
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to set the direction with little or no oversight
- Deep understanding of design patterns, architectural patterns, build automation, automated testing, and continuous development and integration processes
- Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance management etc.
- Ability to travel about 25%
- Experience virtualization and container coordination: Docker, Kubernetes, or similar
- Tax experience
- Big 4 experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ANYTSRCJD024-TMC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top