DevOps Senior Manager
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
DevOps Senior Manager
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
As a member of the Technology & Infrastructure (T&I) organization, the DevOps Sr. Manager position leads a team of engineers supporting a portfolio of applications.The DevOps Senior Manager role reports to the Channel Lead within the Tax or Federal channel.This role is responsible for delivering infrastructure services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The role flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
The DevOps Senior Manager will collaborate with internal customers and internal IT leaders to ensure alignment with defined business and technology strategies. This role will oversee the successful implementation and support of critical applications within the Deloitte hosting ecosystem. You and your peers will provide the right level of structure to enable transformation and innovation in the cloud as well as on-premise hosting solutions.
Your responsibilities include partnering with business-lead development teams and successfully leading the delivery of infrastructure solutions. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services, drive transformation, and transform IT.
- Lead a team of DevOps engineers and DBAs that provide support for new and existing applications.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership for DevOps delivery teams and cultivating a business-focused mind set.
- Be a trusted advisor for cloud and on-premise initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice while also building organizational partnerships and networks to ensure comprehensive cloud capabilities are developed with input from appropriate business and IT resources.
- Work with your peers to build tailored solutions with repeatable patterns that can be leveraged across business and IT solutions.
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to deliver strategic investments
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services that meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
- Unified Communications
- Infrastructure Operations
- Office of Technology and Infrastructure
- Service Management
- Solutions Delivery
- Technology Support Services
- Visual Technology and Solutions
- Cloud Solutions Center
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 8+ years of experience in the IT field.
- Prefer experience architecting and building multi-tenant IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions the with Amazon AWS platform in a large corporation.
- Strong experience setting project vision/scope, building the team to deliver, and overseeing delivery.
- Strong experience building product delivery schedules and roadmaps.
- Proven track record of successfully adopting new technology at an enterprise-wide level.
- Experience leading delivery of managed IT services to enterprise customers.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven track record of presenting to executive-level leadership.
- Developer background, coordinating with development teams and understanding deployment technologies.
- Strong experience leading a technical project teams with the ability to lead people, provide direction, and set clear objectives.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies and have applied them on a Scrum team.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Strong experience in programmatically configuring Linux or Windows servers and services for cloud-based deployments.
- Experience designing and running a practical release management process for a product team.
- 3+ years of experience developing with the Microsoft technology stack - TFS, Visual Studio, .Net, SQL, IIS, etc.
- Knowledge of Risk Controls framework, and Audit procedures (27000/1/2, NIST 800-53/171, SOC2, DFARS etc.).
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to travel 25%.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMSH107-ITL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top