DevOps ALM Engineer Manager
DEVOPS ALM Engineer – Enterprise Hosting Group
Technology & Infrastructure - Office of the Deputy CIO for Technology
Location – Hermitage
The Client Solutions Group reports to the office of the Deputy CIO for Technology and is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps group flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
DevOps application lifecycle management (ALM) tools underpin all DevOps services and enable an efficient hybrid business/IT software delivery model. In your role as the DevOps ALM Engineer you will be responsible for the selection and implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. Your mission is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure and applications quickly, and provide operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
In this role you will partner with your DevOps peers – DevOps Release Managers and DevOps Platform Engineers – to deliver a fully automated end-to-end release management process.
- Establish an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to ALM processes and tools. Develop and own KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 5 years of experience in the IT field
- 3-5 years of Release Management Coordination/Engineer experience managing builds through development, QA, UAT through to production.
- Understand how to automate builds for developer environments from development through production within a Continuous Delivery model.
- Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Must understand the Scrum Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools
- Strong experience with cloud services - AWS and Azure preferred
- 2+ years of Linux/Unix/Windows system administration with experience in an environment with 500+ servers
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture, working experience a plus
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with packaging programs like MSI, rpm, or other
- Knowledge of SQL, and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with technical teams.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to travel ~20%
- After hours on-call support occasionally required
Requisition code: E18HERSMGRSH019-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top