Deloitte US Innovation –Cognitive Solutions (Senior Consultant) - Summer/Fall 2017 New York
Jump start your career and take your business skills to the next level when you join Deloitte’s Innovation practice. We’re looking for a sharp, innovative, and critical thinker with leading edge technical skills to help us assess and execute innovation opportunities for Deloitte overall and for each of our businesses. In this role, you’ll work side by side with talented leaders to help drive innovation for Deloitte and our clients.
Our Innovation professionals work with exciting emerging technologies (e.g., cognitive technologies) to help Deloitte deliver new services or innovate the way we deliver our services. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of strategy, process improvement and emerging technology. We tackle issues across the spectrum of the services our businesses deliver to clients. Join us and help in designing our innovation roadmap to the future.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte is developing cognitive capabilities as part of its Innovation program. As we build these capabilities, we are seeking Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in one or more of the below-mentioned domains.
This role will guide/shape/advise on work to define, specify, prototype, and scale cognitive capabilities in specific relevant areas for Deloitte’s business needs such as:
- Natural Language Processing
- Advanced Semantic Design
- Information Extraction
- Information Retrieval
- Probabilistic Decision Making
- Image recognition
- Machine Learning
- Deep learning
This role will include responsibilities such as:
- Work closely with Deloitte’ engineering, business, and product development teams to evaluate use cases for fit with existing and new cognitive and advanced analytics algorithms and solutions
- Guide/shape/advise on product requirements and roadmaps, and the development, testing and launch of new products and solutions using cognitive technologies
- Interact with leading solution providers, startups and university or research groups to assess upcoming technologies and fit for existing and new use cases
- Provide analysis / market map of startups within the cognitive analytics and automation space
- Develop internal and external eminence and intellectual property through evaluation of available technologies, packages and solutions
- Support client facing activities and influencing customer facing groups including senior executives, sales, marketing and product development to successfully evaluate, define, develop and launch new cognitive products
- Pursuing a MS in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Science or other quantitative discipline with specialization and experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science or other related areas PLUS 4+ years of relevant experience.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in one of the following domains of interest – Natural Language Processing (NLP), Linguistics, Advanced Semantic Design, Visualization, Information Extraction, Information Retrieval, Probabilistic Decision Making, image recognition, deep learning, Machine Learning, cognitive science and analytics.
- At least 2+ years of experience working with leading cognitive computing commercial and open source platforms and libraries such as IBM Watson, R, Spark, H2O.ai or Apache Mahout.
- At least 2-4 years in Java Programming or any other object-oriented programming languages
- Demonstrated expertise in product strategy and solution design, implementation and launch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience designing and implementing Apache Open Source (Kafka, Storm, Spark) Frameworks to process end to end data management life cycle for NLP, Machine Log Algorithms, and Text Mining algorithms
- Ability to work independently, manage a portfolio of engagements or parts of engagements
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we help you shape the future direction of your career. We offer comprehensive development planning as well as training, mentoring, and coaching to help you grow from within. From hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork, Deloitte nurtures talent by providing supportive leadership.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: S17NYCSF18JULMG-CS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top