Deloitte, Technology Delivery, Manufacturing, PLM Consultant, London
Deloitte is a leader in providing professional services to the manufacturing industry in sectors such as:
- Aerospace & Defence
- Diversified Industrial
- Process (Chemicals/Metals/Paper/Packaging & Print)
Within Consulting, we provide advisory services to many of the leading global Manufacturing businesses across the areas of Technology, Operations, Consumer, Finance, Strategy, People and Programmes. We are looking to grow our Technology Advisory practice within our rapidly growing Manufacturing sector.
Our Technology Practice
Technology is an exciting and thriving area of our consulting practice. We have a diverse practice of 1,000 practitioners working around the UK on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be both trusted advisors and implementation partners.
We are looking to grow our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) capability within our technology practice and have roles available across all grades for professionals with experience in providing PLM services and solutions.
The primary focus of the role will be working within our manufacturing sector and the delivery of the following engagement types:
- Establishing technology and PLM as a key enabler of business strategy through the development of closely aligned and pragmatic IT strategic plans
- Programme portfolio planning and development of roadmaps for technology-enabled business transformation programmes
- Shaping, building, integrating and deploying tailored PLM technology solutions for top flight clients
- Client-side vendor procurement and delivery assurance support and advice
- Developing a business change methodology to support the implementation of PLM transformation programme within a business
- Working alongside other transformation programmes (e.g. SAP ERP, business analytics) to establish standards for the enterprise process modelling across the entire business
- Creating and implementing process work-product alignment
- General delivery and implementation of PLM related transformation programmes
Manager/Senior Manager/Director will have responsibility for:
Specific responsibilities require a combination of management, consultancy and technical skills. As a senior candidate you will be expected to demonstrate that you have experience of working with senior IT executives and helping to challenge, influence and support them in agreeing a way forward.
You will have responsibility for:
- Coordinate and lead activities within the engagement types defined above (e.g. architecture analysis, architecture modeling, architecture design, requirements definition, roadmap definition, system and vendor selection)
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and helping to challenge, influence and support them in agreeing a way forward
- Possess a strong commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate a track record of creating, selling and delivering large scale engagements
- Lead large engagements or a portfolio of smaller engagements; size and fees vary by grade
- Manage and lead teams of Deloitte and client personnel
- Manage client stakeholder relationships
- Coordinate production of and present reports and other client deliverables
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
You will also support the continued growth of the business through involvement in internal capability development and sales activity such as:
- Development of propositions to promote sales to new and existing clients
- Development of client proposals and presentation of bids to prospective clients
- Lead the development of our capabilities, methods and training
- Development of a network of contacts across Deloitte and within your chosen industry
To qualify for the role you must have:
- All candidates must have full travel mobility and the right to live and work in the UK.
- The ideal specification is between 5-10 years+ experience of delivering IT enabled change programmes within the Manufacturing sector, specifically PLM.
- A strong suite of relationships with CIO’s and/or IT leadership teams in the sector and an understanding of the challenges/opportunities of IT in the Manufacturing sector.
- Candidates will be expected to help drive the growth of technology consulting revenue in the segment in accordance with the senior role definition below.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value – we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers – answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 123555
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top