Deloitte, Technology Consulting, FSI Applications, Capital Markets, Senior Manager/Director, London
As the largest industry practice at Deloitte, Financial Services accounts for more than 25% of the UK and global firm revenue. Our Capital Markets industry group accounts for the largest subsector within this industry group. With a portfolio of top tier global Capital Markets clients and buy side firms, there are many opportunities to help with the industry’s most challenging problems.
In Operations Applications, we adopt a business led approach to achieving technology enabled transformation. Our Capital Markets clients engage us to solve their most complex problems, helping them to shape and deliver a strategy in response to regulatory driven change and the new competitive landscape.
As part of this team, you’ll work alongside a team of Capital Markets specialists and will be able to quickly build upon your existing industry knowledge and consultancy skills to become an expert in your field. You will be expected to lead teams and develop the Talent of our Capital Markets community.
As well as working on client engagements, you will also have the opportunity to lead new business, growing our market offering and supporting the management of our team. You will be responsible for developing our thought leadership and industry eminence
Benefiting from early client exposure, you’ll be working and learning from some of the top practitioners in the field enabling you to develop your skills quickly and build credibility in the industry from an early stage.
You will have responsibility for:
- Lead the delivery of successful implementations and projects within Capital Markets
- Project Management on large technology implementations and integration projects from business perspective with knowledge of requirements gathering and process definition
- Lead project lifecycle activities including requirements gathering, End to End testing processes and supporting technology change management
- Build effective and collaborative alliances with IT, operations, risk, treasury, finance and front/back office stakeholders to enable timely and quality deliverables
- Demonstrate thought leadership across one or more FS products to deliver successful implementations and projects
- Ensure the quality of deliverables of your team is consistent with our standards, providing support and training where required
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Effective network building to demonstrate the relevance of the Application Delivery & Advisory proposition to FS clients, and drive growth in OA FS
- Developing our people and contributing to our practice through a focus on and passion for delivery in the industry sector
- Active Involvement in business development, client seminars and the production of marketing materials
- Extensive experience of Capital Markets products, lifecycles and / or technology.
- Knowledge of key industry systems, Including Calypso, Misys, Murex, Lombard Risk etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Investment Banking front to back office business and systems processes
- Knowledge of Standard architectures and technical industry trends
- Knowledge of impacts of regulation agenda, product knowledge, awareness of industry themes.
- Knowledge and experience of FS controls and reports, such as regulatory, statutory and management.
- Experience of the project lifecycle, preferably from scoping and planning through to post go live/support.
- Proven track record in successful delivery of FS technologies from a business change and adoption perspective
- Proven track record of sales and successful technology implementations/migrations within the FS industry
- Strategic vision and the ability to design and present optimum systems and process solutions for the client
- Experience in senior stakeholder management
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication & client management skills
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value – we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers – answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121350
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top