Deloitte, Technology - Banking and Securities - Analytics and Information Management (AIM) - Manager, Senior Manager or Director), London
Who we are
Analytics & Information Management (AIM) is an exciting and thriving area of Deloitte's Technology Consulting practice, recognised as a key growth platform by senior management and pioneering innovative new business models. Our practitioners work across the UK as well as in major financial centres around the globe on challenging and stimulating engagements with leading global clients across strategy, advisory and implementation.
With achieving BCBS 239 compliance high on agenda of our clients, we have exciting plans to grow our business, and are looking to strengthen our practice with high quality, motivated and enthusiastic recruits, keen to maintain and enhance Deloitte's reputation as a pre-eminent management consulting firm.
Who we work with
Deloitte's Banking & Securities (B&S) team works with some of the largest UK and international Financial Services organisations, including:
- Retail Banks
- Investment Banks
- Exchanges and utilities
- Financial regulators
As these organisations grapple with what it really means to be BCBS 239 compliant, deal with increasingly demanding requests from their auditors and regulators and seek to derive business benefit from the efforts that have been poured into achieving compliance to date, we are seeing increased demand for help in the BCBS 239 domain.
What we do
The Banking & Securities team within AIM helps our clients to achieve their most important business goals through the better management and exploitation of their data. We work closely with colleagues from across Deloitte who are experts in Risk and Regulation. By bringing together this unique combination of technical, risk and regulatory expertise we can deliver outcomes to clients that no other organisation can achieve. Our BCBS engagements with clients can take different shapes and sizes – architecture design and implementation, implementation reviews, roadmap development, delivery management.
What we are looking for
As a Manager, you may play a lead data architect or project manager role, depending on your skills and experience. In either role, you will be leading a team of people and be expected to ensure the quality of delivery. When not chargeable to clients, you will play a hands-on role in delivering responses to RfPs and pulling together materials to support sales discussions with clients.
As a Senior Manager you will be expected to lead and develop a team of junior resources as well as being heavily involved in the management of the sales process. In this transitional role, the focus of attention shifts from delivery to management and sales; you will take ownership of engagements and resources and hone your commercial skills.
As a Director, not only will you lead teams and client engagement projects, you will also play a key role or own elements of the internal and market-facing growth of AIM, including the development of new and sell-on sales opportunities by promoting Deloitte propositions, capabilities and maintaining on-going client relationships, leading bids and growing our people.
Broaden your expertise, boost your marketability
What we expect
Taking a lead on AIM project work, focussing on BCBS 239, you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions, to help our clients maximise the benefit and value they achieve from their data assets through compliance with this demanding regulation. You will also assume real ownership of projects and key stakeholders at executive levels, as you help them shape and execute their data strategy around BCBS 239. Both Senior Managers and Directors will also manage a number of our sales activities. You will assume real ownership of projects and key stakeholders at CxO level, as you help them define and execute their Analytics strategy. We are vendor neutral and therefore have maximum capability to provide our clients with objective advice.
You will benefit from accelerating your skills in the sales process, as you develop your capability in managing budgets, forecasting, and contributing to bid and proposal work. Our environment is entrepreneurial, meritocratic, and team-focused.
The role involves managing the delivery of key transformation projects focusing on:
- Designing, developing and reviewing technology solutions to assist with BCBS 239 compliance, as well as some work on non-technology aspects
- Providing BCBS technology expertise into wider programmes around Risk or Data Quality
- Managing key client stakeholders' relationships and leading teams of Deloitte and client personnel
- Taking responsibility for budgets, commercial negotiations and client deliverables
- Leading the development of client bids and presentations of proposals
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
What we require
Skills & Knowledge:
- Relevant experience in consulting or industry
- Significant experience and business understanding of retail or investment banking environments
- Knowledge and experience in BCBS239 and foundational data governance capabilities (including metadata, lineage, data quality)
- Data modelling and /or data architecture experience
- The ability to lead sales opportunities, develop proposals through to successful conclusion (Essential for Directors and Senior Managers, desirable for Managers)
- Programme/Project management or architecture development experience preferably using a recognised methodology
- Track record of managing data project delivery and project teams including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges and manage stakeholder expectations
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management with demonstrable experience of engaging at senior levels
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Understanding of the importance of managing risk and quality on data projects
- Experience of delivering Data Strategy/Data Governance initiatives in banking and securities
- Experience of defining data models for banking products, clients or risk metrics, including the use of industry standard models such as Teradata's FS-LDM and IBM's Banking Data Warehouse
- Knowledge of other relevant regulations (e.g. CRD IV, MiFID, EMIR, Basel III, FRTB, MAD)
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills
- Strong academic record, preferably in a numerate subject such as Computer Science or Engineering
- Demonstrable consulting experience in a data discipline
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career in technology advisory consulting with an award winning firm. Where do you want to take your career?
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 124050
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top