Deloitte, Technical Lead, Tax Technology & Innovation, London / Leeds
Deloitte Tax is looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic hands-on Technical Lead to join our team (Tax Technology & Innovation) to develop a platform which will assist with scaling our technology portfolio across Tax, whilst still evolving our core business.
This is a unique opportunity for a senior technologist to be part of an exciting journey for the Deloitte Tax practice. The successful candidate would report to the central Tax Technology & Innovation leadership team.
London or Leeds
We are open to discussing the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
The candidate will bring entrepreneurial enterprise, creative energy and the technical Vision & Strategy to the central team. They would also oversee the development of new service offerings and operate across a number of technology teams which already exist in the Tax business. This includes teams based in London and Hyderabad.
An initial but important focus for the role will be to consolidate the pockets of technical practitioners that are currently in the business, supporting the Leadership team in establishing best practices and promoting a strong sense of community across our technology teams and business.
In parallel with this, the candidate will build an outstanding central development function which has responsible for influencing design and implementation decisions to help our development functions create robust scalable software. A methodical approach with strong communication skills will be essential.
You will also have oversight and responsibility for the following areas:
- Successful testing, delivery and deployment of software platforms.
- Work with the Leadership team to develop a technical training program
- Provide technical advice and consultancy to technology teams across the Tax Practice
- Lead, coach, mentor, and develop team members
A successful candidate would have experience of:
- A sound understanding of the AGILE methodology (essential) and the full software lifecycle: take on requirements, analysis, design, implementation, and support; applying good practice throughout
- Creating Best Practice protocol while demonstrating a strong awareness of Risk issues
- Hands-on working skills in the latest Microsoft development technologies
- Develop a plan to support the evolution of Development Operations across the Tax practice. Execute and report back to leadership
- Support deployment and test cycles with stakeholders, coordinating with other teams as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with demonstrable experience in commercial application development and stakeholder management.
- Quickly grasp business and product knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in English – both written and oral
- Prior experience of managing a small team of developers / mid-large size projects – commercial experience required
- Experience of working within a Tax focused role is beneficial
- Expertise in designing and maintaining multi-tenant systems with multi-tier architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles
- Good understanding of Architectural Design Patterns and best practice including database architecture and design
- Full Software Development Life Cycle including agile methods
- Familiarity of Automation technologies are desirable
- Test driven development, continuous integration
Knowledge of the following tools/platforms to advanced level:
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 including TSQL, SSIS and SSRS
- Microsoft ASP.NET framework 4.0 and above , Microsoft Visual C# .NET, Microsoft Visual Basic .NET, Experience in designing and maintaining ASP.NET ASMX, WCF, WFC
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (other version control systems e.g. Github)
- Web services: XML, SOAP, REST, XSLT
- MS Office
- Experiencing of working with RPA, Blockchain, and Crowdsourcing technologies and / or environments v beneficial.
Interpersonal skills are key. The successful candidate will link the business and technology team members, as comfortable with stakeholders as they are with developers. They must be able to provide technical leadership to the team, leading by example.
You are here: Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 122828
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top