Deloitte, Senior Manager, Information Delivery, Analytics and Information Management, Technology Consulting, London
Analytics & Information Management (AIM) is an exciting and thriving area of Deloitte's technology consulting practice and looking to continue its growth. Our practitioners work on challenging projects with leading FTSE 100 clients across strategy, advisory and implementation. The Information Delivery team is a core part of AIM and provides clients with advice and delivery support in Information Management as part of complex technology programmes. We work with leading and cutting edge technology platforms and tools, such as Amazon Web Services, Hadoop and NoSQL technologies. We help our clients with all aspects of data management from developing their analytics or data strategies, through to implementing solutions to deliver their strategy. Our practitioners possess strong communication skills, with the ability of communicating any complicated concepts to business audiences with ease. They are the data enthusiasts and are keen on tackling complex technical challenges and delivering tangible value for our clients.
As a Senior Manager you will be taking a lead on projects or programmes as well as our sales activities and you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions. You will help our clients maximise the value of their data assets by helping them transform data into insight. You will assume real ownership of projects and key stakeholders at CxO level, as you help them define and execute their Information strategy by creating an efficient analytics organisation, processes and technology. We are vendor-neutral and therefore have maximum capability to provide our clients with objective advice.
You will benefit from accelerating your skills in the sales process and will manage budgets and forecasting, will take the lead on bid and proposal work. Our environment is entrepreneurial, meritocratic, and team-focused. If this sounds like you, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
A Senior Manager's primary focus will be on the delivery of client work. They will typically lead a cross-service line team of managers, consultants, and analysts taking ownership for major deliverables. In addition, Senior Managers should undertake practice development and business management activities to help grow the Information Management practice as well as aligning to an industry to exploit depth of knowledge and professional experience
Working as a key business partner to high profile clients, you'll have the chance to develop your expertise in strategy and advisory, as well as in delivery and implementation as you will be the product owner or coordinating multiple scrum teams in Information Delivery. As a leader in data management, you'll be able to put your own creative ideas into practice as you take ownership of deliverables and resources on transformation projects, and hone your commercial skills.
Taking a lead on Information Delivery projects, you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions to help our clients maximise the value of their data assets by helping them transform data into insight. You will also assume real ownership of projects and key stakeholders at executive levels as you help them execute their strategy to build an efficient analytics organisation, processes and supporting technology. We are vendor neutral, so we have the maximum capability to provide our clients with objective advice.
The role involves managing the delivery of key transformation projects focusing on:
- Analytics & Information Strategy and the definition of Target Operating Models (including organisational design and processes)
- Building a product roadmap for our clients solutions, planning the delivery of features and user stories in a series of Agile sprints
- Implementation of vendor selection / evaluation frameworks and recommendation of appropriate tools and methods to use on client engagements to deliver the required value and support the client strategies
- Designing an enterprise data lake to cater to a client's data storage needs, to enable analytics across a global company
- Design and implementation of Analytics technologies to deliver an Analytics & Information Management strategy
- Leading the development of a cloud based Information Delivery platform which allows our client's apps to talk to each other, and lets our client get real-time insight from the movement of data between their technology components
- Information and Data Architecture including Governance and Architectural Design
- Leading the assessment of a client's existing Data Quality to understand the impact of data issues on their business
- Investigating and understanding trends in open source data technology development, such as Apache projects and the work of leading tech companies such as Facebook and Netflix
Management and implementation
- Managing key client stakeholders' relationships and leading teams of Deloitte and client personnel
- Planning and staffing projects for clients based on complex deliverables and programmes of work
- Project management of Data Management solutions within larger programmes of Analytics and consultancy work. Taking responsibility for project budgets and client deliverables
- Assisting in the further development of our market leading analytics and information management offerings and help produce proposal documents to showcase our capabilities to clients
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
The Information Delivery team includes practitioners who have technical, industry and functional expertise in moving and shaping data. Along with the understanding of core technical areas in information management, the successful candidate is also expected to possess demonstrable knowledge in key consulting areas. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in data and experience of operating in a client facing or consultative environment and the ability to work as part of integrated team or as an individual. The candidate should be analytically minded and have the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge to deliver insights and solve problems.
To qualify, you must possess demonstrable knowledge, proven ability to deliver, and proven experience in defining and implementing methodologies in at least two of the below in the private or public sectors:
- Information Strategy and Architecture: Identifies and lays out architectural components that provide a framework to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets across the enterprise.
- Data Governance: Focuses on establishing organisational constituencies and a framework of policies, processes, and enabling technologies to ensure that enterprise data is owned and stewarded accurately and consistently to meet business goals.
- Advisory Analytics: Set the strategy and future direction for our clients in the data, information, and analytics space.
- Transformation Analytics: Implement and deliver an analytic strategy for our clients.
- Master Data Management: Addresses the harmonisation and integrity of enterprise data which is vital to ensuring a consistent and complete view of master data across the enterprise. Experience in defining Master Data Management strategy, roadmap, vendor selection and implementation using market leading tools such as Oracle, Informatica, IBM, etc.
- Information Delivery, Retention, and Archiving: Manages the collection, preservation, and retirement of enterprise data assets to support application migrations, historical management reporting, and regulatory compliance. Design and build of the Information Delivery and federation architecture based on solution requirements e.g. Batch and Real time, source and target system analysis, Information Delivery design using platforms such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Informatica, Ab-Initio, Talend etc.
- Data Quality Management: Establishes a framework and supporting processes and procedures to appropriately diagnose enterprise or LOB data quality issues, remediate them, and monitor the data quality to keep it evergreen.
- Data Security: Experience of implementation and knowledge of industry policies and regulatory requirements pertaining to data security as it is becoming an increasingly important topic with swelling data volumes.
- Knowledge of DevOps for continuous integration and automation of code deployment will be an added advantage
- Experience of owning the product deliverables and coordinating multiple teams possibly onsite and offshore.
- Experience with industry-standard tools and platforms is also valued; Data Quality & Cleansing: e.g. Trillium, SAS, IBM & Informatica; Information Delivery & Federation: e.g. SAP, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Informatica & Ab Initio; Data Repositories: e.g. Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Netezza, DB2; MDM: e.g. Oracle, Informatica MDM, IBM
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the information management subject matter (incl. big data, cloud and other innovative solutions) and develop proposition materials focussed on industry solutions.
Along with the above mentioned skills, candidates must have led or supported the sale and delivery of relevant engagements in the field of Analytics, Information Management and/or Business Intelligence. Candidates will have programme/project management experience preferably using a recognised methodology such as PRINCE2, PMP, Agile Methodology, or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP). Candidates must be willing to travel within UK and there are also opportunities for international travel.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121474
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top