Deloitte, Senior Manager, Audit, Reading
Our senior managers within our International Group take a lead role managing both our largest and most complex global audit engagements as well as our people.
In addition to client responsibilities, there will be opportunities to play a role in the broader management and growth of our business.
As one of our leading regional offices, there will be high visibility to the partner group and the opportunity for rapid progression and career advancement.
- Leading teams on challenging and interesting audit engagements
- Taking a lead role in reviewing and assessing the risks facing our clients
- Developing plans for assignments
- Managing a range of teams delivering audit engagements
- Managing the requirements and relationships for a portfolio of clients
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients
- Managing and developing our people through day to day involvement and mentoring
- Participating in the development of new propositions and in identifying and pursuing opportunities in the market place
- Taking an active role in business development, both in the local market and within the areas of sector specialism
- To have a broader perspective of managing diverse teams; to have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to an inclusive culture and to be an ambassador for this
- Educated to degree level or relevant professional experience
- A professional accounting qualification
- Experience of US GAAP and PCAOB auditing standards (desired but not essential)
- Experience of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Proven audit management experience on large and complex engagements
- Experience and evidence of business development
Salary: Market rate; Start date: 16/02/2017 ; End date: 16/03/2017 ; Full time
We are Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 130661
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top