Deloitte, Senior Manager, Audit, International, Aberdeen
Our foreign owned portfolio of clients include some the largest and most successful of the businesses that Deloitte work with in the UK. They are complex, influential and exciting.
This work is for those who respond to the intellectual challenge of understanding a clients’ business and key controls. Work on controls based auditing allows you to develop relationships with the client far beyond the main finance team, making for a more interesting and rewarding experience
Our clients genuinely value the insights we bring over their financial controls as it goes to the heart of how they run their business. As you progress, there will be opportunities for foreign travel and overseas secondments to key geographic global markets of the Americas, APAC and EMEA. Working in the International team will accelerate your opportunity to build your international network as well as a UK network within the firm.
- Managing key audit relationships across a variety of industry sectors;
- Identifying and developing both audit and advisory opportunities with new and existing senior clients;
- Leading audit teams and developing managers and junior team members to reach their potential;
- Ensuring all regulatory changes are implemented and complied with both internally and on client engagements;
- Building relationships with other departments to deliver market and client focused business solutions;
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them including having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS;
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and controls;
- Practical experience and knowledge of PCAOB regulatory reporting;
- A track record in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with senior clients;
- Strong leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment;
- An ability to play an active role in the business development process;
- An ability to implement solutions to address changes in regulatory requirements;
- The ability to work under own initiative and in many different and challenging environments;
- Significant presentation and business writing experience.
- Industry or international experience;
- Knowledge of US GAAP reporting;
- Experience of winning tenders and large audit proposals;
We are Audit
We understand our clients’ operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 124618
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top