Deloitte, Senior Associate/Assistant Manager, Business Modelling Group, Financial Advisory, London
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte’s market-leading Business Modelling Group (“BMG”). You will benefit from working with one of the most experienced teams in the field and will gain wide exposure to blue chip clients (corporate and public sector) and financiers working across a wide range of sectors.
Working with BMG, as part of the firm’s Financial Advisory practice, will position you to provide advice and support on all aspects of business modelling and analysis on a broad range of engagements to enable better decision making.
At Deloitte we are renowned for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. BMG is fully integrated into the “One Deloitte” agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line transactions and projects.
Benefiting from high levels of client exposure and learning from some of the top practitioners in the Business Modelling field, you will expand your skills into the full business modelling service.
- As a Senior Associate/Assistant Manager, you’ll have responsibility for:
- Strategic options
- Strategic business planning
- Feasibility studies
- Business cases
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Carve out & divestment
- Corporate and financial restructuring
- Working capital and cash flow management
- Post merger integration
- Cost reduction programmes
- We have particular focus on the following industry sectors:
- Financial Services
- Infrastructure and Capital Programmes
- Consumer Business
- Real Estate
- Energy and Resources
- Public Sector
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Have strong academic achievements including excellent degree and A-level (or equivalent) results
- Have strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Be client focussed with the ability to establish strong working relationships
- Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Have an effective approach to time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Be a strong team player
- Have strong excel skills – other relevant technical analytical skills could also be an advantage e.g. VBA, Access, SQL etc.
Desirable experience includes:
- Previous experience of working in a financial modelling team within a professional services firm or large corporate
- Developing and/or reviewing models where a key output was integrated financial statements
- Previous experience of working in one of our focus industry sectors
- ACA Exam qualified (or equivalent), ideally with first time passes, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 128761
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top