Deloitte, Senior Associate/ Assistant Manager, Banking & Capital Markets, Analytics and Modelling, London
The Analytics and Modelling team as part of the Banking & Capital Markets Group provides modelling, analytics and valuation advisory services to the Banking and wider Structured Finance Industry. We understand our clients’ industry and the issues they face and this enables us to provide them with relevant advice. The combination of specialist skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area allows us to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend appropriate action.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Associate or Assistant Manager to work in the Banking Analytics sub-group within the Analytics and Modelling team. This team is expanding rapidly to meet the increased volume of work in this area.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivery across a range of Banking analytics service offerings, which may include:
- Providing data analytics through the use of software such as SQL, SAS, MS Access and Excel to deliver insightful and meaningful understanding to the risks and key drivers of our clients
- Development of new and innovative analytics tools to support evolving regulatory requirements and the changing Banking environment
- Data integrity testing to provide greater depth of understanding as part of transaction services in both audit and advisory engagements, including across securitisation and stress testing
- Assessing and using historic and macro-economic data to support complex modelling of asset cash flows and valuations
- Supporting the Analytics and Modelling team in all areas of large data handling and manipulation
- Inputting into the strategy for the Analytics and Modelling team, proposing new areas of growth and innovative solutions
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Advanced skills in one, or ideally more, of the following in the context of data management and analytics:
- MS Excel including VBA
- MS Access
- Exceptional analytical capabilities
- Motivation and commitment, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic environment
- Good knowledge and experience of the financial services industry
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Confidence and proficiency in written and oral communication
- Proven track record of delivery
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
The following additional experience would be desirable for a successful candidate:
- Experience of visualisation tools such as QlikView or Tableau
- Knowledge and experience of PD/LGD/EAD modelling
- Understanding of regulatory and/or market good practice in the area of credit risk
- Understanding of loans, mortgages and similar debt types
- Sound knowledge of a range of retail, commercial and corporate banking products
- Knowledge of current economic and market trends
We are Audit
We understand our clients’ operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 113121
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top