Deloitte, Risk & Compliance Analyst, Practice Support Team, Quality & Risk Operations, Cardiff (Permanent - Full time position)
An opportunity exists within the Practice Support Team of Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), part of the firm’s Quality, Risk and Security Management function, to assist the Audit practice in their compliance with Audit Independence regulations and requirements.
Increasingly, the firm’s Quality, Risk and Security community seek the services of QR Ops to carry out both new and existing activities, and the breadth and depth of QR Ops’ involvement continues to grow. These activities enable the firm to meet regulatory requirements with greater efficiency and to manage risk more effectively.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a growing team across a wide number of ongoing and ad hoc activities.
The role involves supporting the planning, process re-engineering, and implementation of best practice to support compliance with PCAOB Audit Independence regulations and will include collaborating with the PCAOB Audit service teams and other areas of the QR Ops Practice Support Team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist PCAOB Audit teams in meeting various requirements for pre-approval of non-audit services by
- ensuring that agreed independence processes are followed and documented,
- collating and considering data to ensure Audit files comply with regulations,
- playing a key part in meeting quarterly and annual reporting requirements;
- Assist the Team Leader to identify and pursue scope for process enhancements to improve quality and efficiency and facilitate continuous improvement
- Support management team and liaise with stakeholders/internal clients in relation to scoping, planning, developing and delivering services;
This role is expected to grow and evolve rapidly as QR Ops expands, and in response to regular changes in our regulatory and operating environment. Additionally, individuals who demonstrate sufficient capacity and commitment in their primary roles may be given the opportunity to contribute to additional projects.
Whether you have experience of a risk, regulation or compliance background or have gained more general experience, including management experience within a professional services environment, we would welcome your application.
- Experience working within a professional services organisation or a compliance/regulatory environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience producing Management Information in both Excel and transposing to more readable formats;
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiating skills;
- Evolved communication skills, proven ability to adapt style to suit audience and objectives;
- Ability to work well individually, as well as part of a team;
- Proven and effective time-management skills within a complex and challenging role;
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, plan and meet deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail with a commitment to ensuring delivery to the highest standards;
- Experience in process improvement;
- A background in accounting or financial services would be advantageous;
We are Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 129218
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top