Deloitte, Resource Assistant Manager - Internal Resource Management team 12 Month FTC, Consulting, London
Resource Management is a key process within the consultancy that lies at the heart of all processes and has a considerable effect on the profitability of the practice. The RM team is led by a senior Manager. The team are sponsored by the Talent Partner and report in to the COO for Consulting. The team consists of 18 full-time Resource Managers. The team sits together and works closely as an integrated unit.
The aim of the RM team is to:
- ensure that client organisations are provided with the best teams of people, combining industry experience with technical knowledge to ensure maximum commercial advantage
- ensure that practitioners are appropriately matched to jobs which are challenging and developmental
- assist in satisfying practitioners' needs and aspirations for career development
- ensure that the best teams of people are provided for client marketing, in particular proposals for new work
- ensure that there is flexibility in the system to cope with the unplanned resourcing needs when new work has been won
- provide up-to-date reports on availability, forecast utilisation, forecast revenue, forecast accuracy and available resources to management on a weekly basis.
In short, efficiently managing practitioner time to ensure employee & client satisfaction, optimising utilisation and profitability are all key to the success of the Resource Management team.
- liaise with senior members of the practice to ascertain clearly, and in detail, their resource requirements, including keeping abreast of new projects, project extensions and bid wins
- allocate practitioners to assignments (which may be client work, internal projects and/or proposals) and communicate decisions to staff. This may require persuasion where the job does not initially appear to be a 'perfect fit'
- liaise and consult with partners, directors & project managers to help deliver creative solutions to resourcing problems (e.g. double bookings, conflicts or staff shortages on assignments)
- maintain and update practitioner availability schedules on the Deloitte RM system, STAFFIT
- agree practitioner forecasts of chargeable and non-chargeable work and resolve any discrepancies
- prepare weekly management reports on availability and forecast utilisation/revenue
- prepare bi-weekly reports comparing practitioner forecasts of chargeable work against actual client work charged and analyse / report on any discrepancies
- build strong relationships with practitioners and be aware of practitioner career aspirations and development needs and pro-actively work with practitioners, project managers and business leaders to help achieve these
- liaise with HR and the Service Centre teams to ensure accuracy of practitioner information
- work with HR and Appraisers and advise on any performance and/or work-life balance issues
- liaise with the recruitment and on-boarding teams to ensure accuracy of new practitioner information
- meet and induct all new joiners in the Resource Management process
- assist with the identification of buddies for new joiners
- degree qualified (or equivalent)
- qualified by experience
- someone in a similar Resource Management/Staffing role
- background in recruitment, relationship management or logistics.
- Some experience and understanding of Technology consulting. Specifically for the financial services industry and/or related to data analytics
- prior experience in professional services, recruitment/management/staffing is highly desirable
- professional work experience (of which at least one year should have been gained in a medium to large sized organisation)
- computer literate, in particular an excellent working knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel
- proactive and creative approach to problem solving
- numerate and well organised
- demonstrate an ability to work on detail and identify discrepancies in short timescales
- a diligent and conscientious approach to carrying out work is essential
- strong written and oral communication skills; with an ability to draft own correspondence.
- bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- ability to gain swift credibility with senior staff and the trust of all staff
- hands on approach with ability to 'juggle' several tasks at once
- tenacious and willing. Some tasks/meetings will require work outside of contractual hours (weekend working is not expected)
We are Internal Client Services (ICS)
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical' ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 133504
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top