Deloitte Real Estate, Assistant Director, Capital Projects Consultancy, London
Deloitte Real Estate
Capital Projects Consultancy
Deloitte Real Estate
Deloitte Real Estate redefines the concept of a full-service real estate business. We combine financial and business advisory expertise with traditional real estate and construction services to deliver integrated strategic solutions. We are renowned for providing insightful advice and support to clients to address complex business challenges involving real estate capital projects.
We are currently looking for an experienced Capital Projects consultant to join our growing Real Estate Consulting business as an Assistant Director. This is one of the largest integrated real estate advisory teams in the UK. The team comprises professionals from a range of backgrounds including chartered engineers, cost consultants, surveyors and accountants. Within Real Estate Consulting you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a fast-growing practice and work with like-minded people who are at the forefront of their chosen field and work within a stimulating and challenging environment, with a focus on outstanding client service;
- Work with the most prestigious clients on some of the most high profile capital programmes in the UK and internationally;
- Work in a business consulting environment, advising clients at C-Suite and Board levels; and
- Gain experience in a range of technical areas spanning capital project advisory, assurance, distressed situations and corporate / public sector real estate transformation.
You will be exposed to a wide variety of engagements in a range of industries. Examples include:
- Advising on the design and establishment of the new client organisation tasked with delivering a high profile, multi-billion pound capital investment programme;
- Designing and implementing the Programme Controls and Contract Management approaches for some of the biggest capital programmes in Europe;
- Reviewing the commercial and financial controls in a construction company; and
- Advising the Board / Executive management of a public or private sector organisation on the strategy and risks associated with undertaking a real estate related change programme.
We take personal development seriously, offering a comprehensive range of learning and development opportunities within a stretching yet highly supportive environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive so you will receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. You will be part of an environment where excellent client service, creativity, hard work and ambition are rewarded.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. CEng, MICE, MRICS, MAPM, MCIOB;
- A 2:1 degree with strong A-level results or equivalent qualifications and/or a relevant post graduate qualification;
- Experience of working for a major consulting firm in a client facing role, including some business development responsibility;
- Previous industry experience, ideally working for a project management organisation, cost consultancy, main contractor or major UK house builder;
- Technical knowledge of design, procurement, construction, contract management and property development;
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports;
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships and manage engagement teams;
- Confidence, independence and proactivity; and
- The ability to travel as required.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 126498
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top