Deloitte opportunities in Financial Services Executive Remuneration
Deloitte is looking to recruit into its fast-growing Financial Services Reward team, which advises a wide range of UK and global companies. We are offering a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating environment, with an exceptional team.
We are currently on the market for people who are entrepreneurial, ambitious, driven and would like to get the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment. You will work with a number of banks, insurers and asset managers on Board and below Board remuneration design, governance and disclosure.
This successful and expanding team is experiencing growth at present. This means that there is ample room for career development and progression. We will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential and beyond, with no barriers.
Members of the team will be given the opportunity to be client facing and encouraged to establish key business relationships.
Working in our Financial Services Reward team, you will be providing advice to clients in the following areas:
- Design of executive and below Board remuneration structures.
- Advising in relation to the governance of remuneration (e.g. Committee structures, year-end review process, Material Risk Taker identification).
- Advising on incentive plan design, taking into account corporate goals, risk management, conduct, performance management and culture, and modelling performance outcomes, from senior management to customer facing staff.
- Advising on regulatory changes which impact remuneration design, governance and disclosure, and review of Remuneration Policy Statements, including impact of CRD IV, Solvency II, AIFMD and UCITS V.
- Drafting of directors' remuneration report and Pillar 3 and other regulatory disclosures.
- Preparation of remuneration committee papers, and reviewing and drafting of reports.
- Executive and non-executive director pay benchmarking.
- Investor relations consulting on executive pay, including liaison with institutional investors.
- Preparation of year end reports across Financial Services which will link to the analysis of FS firms' financial results.
- Developing method of pay approaches across a number of different areas within FS, e.g. private banking, asset management.
- Global regulatory reviews, and advice to clients on ad hoc regulatory reward questions.
You will have responsibility for:
- The day to day provision of a wide variety of advice to clients. For example including preparation of drafting client papers on a range of topics; benchmarking analysis; performance modelling; preparing shareholder communication materials. You will be supported by more junior staff and a first class research team.
- Benefiting from early client exposure and learning from the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved in client meetings and encouraged to contribute.
- Responsibility for developing strong day to day relationships with your clients, who will call upon your deep technical expertise to help them develop appropriate, effective solutions.
- As well as providing exceptional client service, you will have a responsibility to manage and develop more junior talent within the team, and become involved in management of the practice.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Progression & career development
- As this is such a fast-growing area, there are opportunities for high-performing individuals to progress quickly through the firm.
- As an experienced hire, individuals will enjoy a development programme that includes internal technical and soft skills training and ongoing mentoring designed to complement specific on-the-job development.
- Technical courses are supplemented with skills (non-technical) training to encourage development of your business and commercial skills. We offer lots of support at key stages of your development to widen skills and knowledge via residential courses, local training and online resources.
- The selection process will involve a number of competency and biographical interviews with the team and the Partners of the business. There will also be a presentation element to the process where you will get to showcase your business acumen, understanding of the consulting environment and how you envisage working in the team.
- The level of seniority at which you operate will have some bearing on the level of detail required at this stage.
To be considered candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in the area of Financial Services reward, either in a consulting or in-house environment
- Experience in developing and maintaining client relationships; a professional and pro-active approach, to deliver client service that meet Deloitte's exceptional standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills - an ability to deal effectively and establish rapport with people at all levels (clients, partners and staff)
Culture & Profile
- Deloitte operates with four core values: Integrity; Outstanding value to markets and clients; Commitment to each other; and Strength from cultural diversity.
- There is genuine pride in the firm's shared sense of purpose and positive impact made through core business and community investment.
- There is a sense of togetherness within the team and people aiming towards a common goal. We get exposure to diverse work and the opportunity is given to work across service lines in order to broaden our expertise in the market.
Further information on our culture can be found here: http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/life-at-deloitte/our-culture
We are open to discussing the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
You are here: Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients' businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you'll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you'll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we'll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards
Requisition code: 122076
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top