Deloitte New Venture Accelerator, Commercial Insights - Commercial Growth Strategy Consultant
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Deloitte New Venture Accelerator – Commercial Insights
Commercial Growth Strategy Consultant
Are you a purpose-driven consultant or senior consultant in a corporate growth strategy team looking for an exciting new role with more diverse and higher impact projects? Or are you in growth strategy consulting and enjoy your work but long for less time on the road?
We are looking for an energetic growth strategy professional with outstanding analytical capabilities to join our venture accelerator team; a self-starter and enthusiastic team member who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail. As a Commercial Strategy Consultant within Deloitte New-venture Accelerator (DNA), you’ll be a critical part of a specialized team that helps shape Deloitte’s future with new growth opportunities. We accomplish this by pursuing our mission of building and scaling a portfolio of “hybrid” businesses that combine Deloitte’s market leading professional services with IP-based products (e.g., data, analytics, or software).
What You’ll Do
As a Commercial Strategy Consultant, you’ll work with the DNA team to develop growth strategies for Deloitte’s hybrid businesses, support execution (build, buy, partner), and work closely with Firm leaders to ensure operational excellence and growth. You will add value in many ways:
- Using a market-in research approach combined with the Lean Startup customer development methodology, you will engage in hands-on market testing to design, shape, and accelerate new growth opportunities at Deloitte
- Using your analytical and creative skills, you will undertake market sizing and segmentation projects, conduct trend analyses, execute market research to inform acquisition investment cases and use storyboarding to synthesize and share findings with key stakeholders
- You will design qualitative and quantitative market research instruments and participate in customer, leadership, and subject matter expert interviews to generate business insights and hypotheses for market testing
- Working closely with stakeholders across the core Deloitte functions you’ll help shape and build the firm’s hybrid business portfolio
How You’ll Grow
Due to DNA’s specialized and focused mission, our team members have the incredible opportunity to work with senior executive partners on high impact growth projects across the firm. This gives us the unique chance to observe, learn from, and interact with some of the most highly recognized leaders in a variety of industries, all while developing specialized capabilities for the firm in high priority, high growth areas.
Furthermore, professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. We provide access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. Within DNA and across Deloitte we nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2+ years strategy consulting at a top tier management consulting firm or relevant corporate strategy experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills, including advanced PowerPoint storyboarding and ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative findings into leadership-level presentations
- Structured, logical thinking with knowledge of growth strategy development and market assessment frameworks
- Strong Excel skills and experience with structuring and analyzing large quantities of data and information, including using standard statistical and financial modeling techniques (SPSS a plus)
- Experience conducting structured, time-bound competitive and market research, including a high degree of familiarity with major market research sources and databases
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel on a limited basis as needed on projects
What’s Nice to Have
- Survey design / analysis / coding experience on a platform such as Qualtrics
- Multi-variant regression modeling / simulation and analysis
- Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder organizations
The DNA team accelerates new business growth by providing critical support to Deloitte’s core business lines as they develop and expand into hybrid business models. We guide senior stakeholders to the opportunities that make the biggest impact. We are a tightly knit high-performing team, pride ourselves on exceptional service and the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships. While we are a geographically dispersed team and work remotely a fair amount, we recognize and appreciate the value of face-to-face interaction and generally co-locate with our fellow team members at least two days a week in our offices in Princeton, NJ and Minneapolis, MN.
Requisition code: E17NATSASCAH036-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top