Deloitte, Manager/Senior Manager, Data Analytics, Financial Crime, Forensic Technology, London
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Forensic Technology team. We work with our national Forensic practice and other Deloitte professionals around the world to undertake a wide range of fraud, corruption and regulatory investigations. We also help our clients harness technology to pro-actively identify and address related challenges in a variety of industries.
The Forensic Analytics team collates, reviews and analyses large and disparate datasets to detect issues and anomalies and report on its findings. It designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields and provides specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
Our rapidly growing team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds. We apply our combined skills and experience to find new ways to solve our clients' most complex data and analysis challenges. Whether your background is in application development, data analysis or business intelligence you will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best.
Your role will include responsibilities for managing client projects, and you will enjoy working directly with clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them. You will be expected to identify additional opportunities arising from the work you have been involved in and to contribute to the securing of further business from them.
As an experienced manager of teams you will enjoy mentoring, motivating and training junior team members to further develop their skills. In return for your continued success, interest and commitment, we will provide you with a variety of challenges, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
As a Manager / Senior Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Scoping and leading the delivery of analytical work and supporting and guiding junior team members as required
- Management and quality control of development and analysis workstreams in a wide range of project contexts
- Leveraging your skills and experience to support the development of proposals and marketing propositions
- Evaluating new technologies to expand the scope of the team's work and improve its efficiency
- Contributing to the firm's talent agenda and helping to create a more inclusive culture
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- The ability to independently query, analyse and interpret data from a wide variety of information systems
- A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally acquired in a technical or quantitative discipline
- Significant professional experience gained in roles of increasing responsibility
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences
- The availability and willingness to work abroad
Recent experience in SQL to at least intermediate level, and significant experience in at least one of the following areas is essential:
- Data analysis experience including use of relevant software (e.g. R, VBA, Hadoop, Hive, Neo4J, i2, ibase)
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server preferred)
- Data loading and BI/ETL solutions (Microsoft SSIS preferred)
- Reporting and data visualisation tools (e.g. Microsoft SSRS, Tableau and Qlikview)
- Scripting or programming experience (e.g. C#, VB.net, Java, Python)
- Experience of text analytics through use of taxonomies, concept searching, machine learning or clustering
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications
- Experience leading and delivering projects for external clients
- Exposure to commercial sales and marketing activities
- Understanding of the financial services industry
In order to apply please submit your CV & covering letter online outlining why you wish to join our team.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that's rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 122268
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top