Deloitte, Manager/Assistant Director, Valuations Team, Financial Advisory, London
The Valuations team within Deloitte Corporate Finance Advisory provides advises on all aspects of valuing assets. These may include companies, divisions of companies, intellectual property (for example brands) and other income generating assets in the UK and abroad. The team often works on high profile assignments that are reported in the financial pages of the newspapers both in the UK and abroad.
Projects occur wherever there is a question of value, but can broadly be grouped as follows:
- M&A and investment analysis
- Reorganisation, turnaround and recapitalisation
- Litigation, arbitration, expert determination and disputes
- Tax, financial and regulatory reporting, including fund valuations
- Intellectual property and intangible assets
Our team of approximately 25 valuations professionals includes ACAs, MBAs, CFAs and economists from a variety of backgrounds who bring to bear their qualifications and experience. The team is looking to grow in the near future.
We are currently looking for Experienced Managers whose responsibilities will include:
- Building well-reasoned arguments based on detailed understanding of the valuation analysis to reach cogent conclusions
- Testing, reviewing, challenging and understanding valuation analyses while engaging in open debate and being receptive to challenges
- Effectively overseeing and executing a project timeline for smaller projects and/or discrete components of larger projects, including interacting with clients at appropriate levels
- Training and mentoring junior team members
- Actively continuing personal development and learning
- Active involvement in broader group and marketing initiatives
- Demonstration of ability to build external network
We are currently looking for Assistant Directors whose responsibilities will include:
- Clearly identifying key valuation issues and present them in a succinct manner
- Debating key valuation issues fully and propose well-reasoned solutions
- Challenging team members work while engaging in open debate and responding to challenges
- Independently managing mid to large-size engagements, including client relationships
- Taking a leading role in people development and training
- Actively continuing personal development and learning
- Leading broader group initiatives
- Building brand and eminence internally and externally
- Actively participating in and leading discussions, where appropriate, with senior Corporate Finance Advisory and Corporate Finance risk and compliance and propose risk mitigation solutions
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Direct valuation experience
- Exceptional analytical and oral and written communication skills with a strong attention for detail
- Ability to develop and communicate well-rounded valuation conclusions
- Ability to proactively manage projects and initiatives while identifying and debating key issues
- Client focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Project management and organisational skills
- The self-confidence/appetite to be involved in business development activities
- Strong academic results
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121357
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top