Deloitte, Manager, US Business Tax, London
Our US tax practice is unique in that it is the only US tax group that offers a comprehensive cross section of tax services to US clients. This group will ensure that you gain exposure to an unrivalled client portfolio of multinational companies and a variety of tax work including compliance and consulting projects. Develop your knowledge with us in European tax laws across a multitude of industry sectors and if it suits, specialise in a field that interests you.
Working in Deloitte's US Tax Group provides individuals with US tax experience and a unique opportunity to live and work in London. Due to the nature of the skill set required for this group 90% of the US Tax team is expatriate based. This has resulted in a close community spirit. Take the opportunity to work with us in a group that can offer an excellent opportunity for professional and personal development in a challenging and stimulating environment.
We are open to discussing the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
As a Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Working with an integrated partner/manager/associate team on large corporate and partnership transactions, restructurings and sizeable US tax compliance engagements for multinational clients.
- Reviewing the research and writing of client consultations on a range of topics related to US corporate and partnership taxation in an international context.
- Leading specialised technical competency teams for liaison with UK and EU practices.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- US corporate tax return experience.
- US CPA or Masters of Taxation/Accounting, or law degree or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- The ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Experience of working with Hedge Funds and Security Funds.
- Knowledge of issues related to this industry in the K-1 and PFIC reporting areas is vital for example stuffing allocations, familiarity with 475(f) elections and investor vs. trader.
You are here: Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients' businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you'll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you'll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we'll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 124543
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top