Deloitte, Manager, Structural Reform, Risk Advisory, London
The Structural Reform Team forms part of Deloitte's Risk Advisory Practice and is a centre of excellence, specialising in Legal Entity & Regulatory Change (e.g. restructuring of financial institutions to address regulatory requirements such as The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, the Capital Requirements Directive/ Regulations, Basel III, The Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) and The Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013), Risk Management and analysis pertaining to Capital & Liquidity and Booking Model optimisation. In addition our team specialises in supporting financial institutions in dealing with the current uncertainty of Brexit, in analysing the detailed impacts on individual financial institutions, and in designing future [proof legal entity structures.
We partner with Financial Services clients undergoing strategic or regulatory change, providing advisory and/or implementation support delivered by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) specialising in Prudential and Conduct Regulations, Risk Management, Finance, Treasury and Target Operating Model Design.
The Structural Reform Team wishes to recruit high calibre individuals with skills and experience in regulation, risk management, capital, treasury and liquidity, which are crucial areas of expertise for delivery of Structural Reform engagements.
This job description details the requirements for a Manager role within our Structural Reform Team in the Risk Advisory Practice based in London.
As a Manager, the successful applicant will have responsibility for the following:
- Advising clients on key areas of regulation across Financial Services (examples of which are outlined above) and having the ability to interpret and understand the practical implementation considerations associated with such areas of regulation on client businesses
- Supporting Engagement leads in managing and providing SME input on areas such as Legal Entity Change Programmes, Capital, Liquidity, Risk Management, Booking Model Analysis and Target Model Design Optimisation
- Managing project workstreams and leading small and medium sized engagements
- Supporting Engagement leads in managing client stakeholders across multiple disciplines and/ or jurisdictions
- Managing junior staff as well as support the Firm's 'Talent Agenda' via mentoring and development of junior staff
- Ability to identify issues as well as offer potential solutions to clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written format
- Providing support in undertaking analysis which includes identifying the most appropriate approach to conducting such analysis and the presentation of key findings to stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Supporting with future strategy and business development within the Structural Reform Team , including the preparation of thought leadership, client proposals and materials and building technical knowledge across the team
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role, the successful applicant must have:
- A degree and / or relevant professional qualification (e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Financial Risk Management qualified) as well as relevant Consulting, Regulatory, Risk Management, Finance or Treasury experience
- A broad understanding of global Structural Reform Regulations with an additional area of specialism (as outlined above) and practical implementation experience
- Excellent communication skills, which includes the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong presentation skills
- The ability to operate autonomously and, to drive engagements and teams
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft applications - PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)
We are Risk Advisory
In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, ambitious and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 130601
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top