Deloitte, Manager, Risk Advisory, Contract Risk & Compliance, Software Asset Management , London
The world is constantly changing and organisations are adapting to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte’s Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
Contract Risk & Compliance (CRC) services assist organizations in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks associated with external business relationships. Our services focus on improving confidence in an organization’s contractual relationships and include assisting with the validation of information exchanged between organizations and their customers, vendors and third-party service providers. Deloitte’s CRC services also help organizations improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their contract compliance monitoring processes and controls, resulting in improved business performance.
We offer our people a wide variety of career paths that include working with the largest corporate house-hold names to smaller clients in niche or emerging industries.
The Deloitte CRC Software Asset Management team is made up of experienced software and other IT practitioners, leveraging significant industry experience to assist clients around the world in managing the multi-layered complexity of SAM programs. We offer a variety of services, from focussed diagnostics and vendor baselines to full SAM implementations.
As a neutral third party, we aim to provide a truly objective perspective on monitoring and governing software assets. We offer a distinct approach that encompasses not just tools, but also people and processes—helping clients put the right skill sets, accountability and governance in place to effectively manage software assets throughout the entire lifecycle.
This candidate would be expected to work in a team environment, with focus on both business development as well as delivery of projects. You will be expected to develop long-term client relationships, with the aim of growing Deloitte’s Software Asset Management practice. The key job functions include, among other responsibilities:
- Lead and manage SAM advisory projects which will be diverse in nature ranging from focussed short-term delivery to long-term managed services projects
- Work directly with the senior IT and finance executives to understand client requirements; on-site work may be required
- Develop and enhance SAM methodologies, policies and practices for customers in line with SAM best practices and international standards
- Review of customers’ IT business processes and develop recommendations for improvements to current processes
- Evaluate, select and suggest SAM tools to customers, ensuring appropriate integration of data from non-SAM-owned sources
- Identify potential clients within the industry, and develop proposals and SAM propositions to be pitched to these clients.
- Train and develop junior members within the team
- Participate in project management activities, including project planning, budget monitoring and performing technical and quality review of team members’ work to ensure high quality of deliverables
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
We are looking for Managers with following skills/experience:
- Solid industry knowledge of software licensing across a number of vendors (VMware, Citrix, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, HP, etc.);
- Working knowledge of ITIL v3 and ISO 19770;
- Experience of working with a SAM function. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of managing software licensing risks through SAM;
- SAM process and tool knowledge;
- Experience working with SAM tools and technology.
- Experience working with desktop, Windows and UNIX server software licensing. – Mainframe licensing experience is a plus;
- IT Software Contract negotiation experience is a plus;
- Security clearance is a plus;
- Strong Team work skills; and
- Additional language skills a plus
- Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent
We are Risk Advisory
In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, ambitious and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 130223
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top