Deloitte, Manager or Assistant Director, Financial Advisory, Transaction Services, Manchester
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte’s growing Transaction Services team in Manchester. The team of dedicated transactions services professionals is part of the highly regarded Financial Advisory department. Working on high profile assignments with some of the best in the field, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, with a mix of both corporate and private equity transactions, within a highly commercial, client focussed environment.
Our Transaction Services team provides clients with dedicated support for a transaction or potential transaction. Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters have been identified and considered by our client and assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction.
Our core services include acquisition and vendor due diligence. Typically, we work within a wider deal team which accesses the firm’s vast range of specialist expertise including commercial and operational due diligence, sale and purchase agreement negotiation, real estate, treasury, pensions, modelling, fund placement, merger integration, IT and business intelligence. We also often work on international assignments involving cross-border as well as cross-service line teams requiring our people to build wide networks across both the UK and International firm.
You will have responsibility for:
- Quickly developing an understanding of the target business and its drivers
- Interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
- Review and analysis of historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets
- Review and analysis of projections, and underlying assumptions
- Review of the adequacy of working capital facilities, including consideration of financing limits, term and covenants
- Evaluation of potential synergies
- Reporting of potential key issues for our client including identification of risk or price affecting considerations
- Review of sale and purchase agreement and correlating findings of due diligence process therein
- Review of financial structures and associated credit agreements
- Project management of due diligence assignments including: client interface, managing an assignment team, managing project risk issues and monitoring costs/recovery.
- Production of quality deliverables (usually detailed written reports) within agreed timescales, briefing Partner and Director accordingly.
- Participate in various marketing initiatives and practice development activities (e.g. client presentations, key client account, industry, geography, and product programmes, develop and maintain own network of contacts and to display an awareness of sales opportunities).
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
The role may involve a significant amount of travel within the U.K. and overseas, and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. Whilst working in a Bristol based team you will also have the opportunity to work for London partners.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA qualified (ideally first time passes) or equivalent qualification/experience
- 2:1 degree from a leading university with strong ‘A’ level results (or equivalent qualifications/experience)
- Relevant transaction services experience
- Experience of sale and purchase agreement negotiations would be an advantage
- Evidence of team leadership and management ability
- Broad financial and commercial experience, having demonstrated achievement either within a professional services organisation or corporate
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on conciseness and risk management
- Client focused, ensuring high quality service
- Additional desirable experience includes:
- Fluency in a major European foreign language would be an advantage
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 120031
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top