Deloitte, Manager, General Insurance Practice, Actuarial, London
Join Deloitte’s leading actuarial General Insurance practice and apply your skills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You’ll work with colleagues and clients in Consulting, Financial Advisory, Tax and Audit – exposing you to leading edge actuarial work in a strategic, commercial and business context. Here you’ll develop an impressive range of broad consulting and technical skills that will enhance your career.
Our practice has both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in an ever changing market and regulatory landscape. You can expect to be involved in a wide variety of assignments, ranging from working with clients to improving the performance of their business, through M&A, reserving, Solvency II, Business Analytics and other regulatory work.
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive – you’ll receive continuous training and on-going supportive feedback to help you develop in your current role and to where you aspire to be. There is a career path for everyone.
We foster an open and friendly working environment that naturally allows everyone to learn from the wide range of experts within the practice.
In addition to on-the-job training, we also believe in structured development through formal training and personal development plans, covering areas such as:
- People leadership
- Project Management
- Business development
- Negotiating skills
Manager will have responsibility for:
- Provide a commercial perspective and suggest practical solutions to clients for optimisation and streamlining of their internal controls, processes and models and manage teams to implement these solutions
- Be highly aware of regulatory and market developments and be pro-active in identifying the challenges and opportunities they create and helping clients to strategically position themselves in a changing market place
- Have extensive experience with one or more of the major market reserving, pricing or capital modelling software packages and the implementation of reserving, pricing or capital models in a practical business environment
- Show leadership in developing certain service offerings for our clients, identifying upcoming areas of demand driven by regulatory and market trends and actively targeting clients and leading proposals
- Lead teams and project work streams including project planning, budgeting and performance management of your team members
- Contribute to practice management, including recruitment, coaching, mentoring and appraisals
- You would also be able to carry out some or all of the following:
- Displaying a high level of understanding of market issues and extensive business awareness to assist clients in understanding and modelling risks effectively
- Using expert judgement and model knowledge to manage team members to efficiently and robustly review reserving, pricing or capital models and to remediate errors identified;
- Contributing to industry activity and showing thought leadership on actuarial issues, regulatory developments and appropriate business strategies
- Designing appropriate model outputs for clients to complement their internal operational and management information processes and supervising team members to deliver and check these outputs
- Designing model components to meet client needs and supervising team members in implementing these components effectively
- Providing leadership to team members and taking responsibility for identifying current and future skilled resource requirements, organising training and recruitment as appropriate to meet those needs
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong knowledge of the general insurance industry
- The ability to apply your knowledge in practical and commercial situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of managing people, projects and client relationships
- A solid academic track record, ideally a degree in Actuarial Science or a quantitative subject, and good progress towards a recognised actuarial qualification
Additional desirable experience includes:
For exceptional candidates, we will also consider other backgrounds (e.g. other actuarial disciplines, analytics and banking) and those who have gained some of the above skills through backgrounds such as statisticians, business analysts and programme/project managers.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value – we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers – answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 107996
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top