Deloitte, Manager, Enterprise Content Management, Analytics and Information Management, Technology, Consulting, London
Analytics & Information Management (AIM) is an exciting and thriving area of Deloitte’s technology consulting practice and looking to continue its growth. Our practitioners work on challenging projects with leading FTSE 100 clients across strategy, advisory and implementation. The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) team is a core part of AIM. We devise innovative solutions to help our clients solve complex challenges and maximise the value of their unstructured data.
Working as a key business partner to high profile clients, you’ll have the chance to develop your expertise in IT strategy and advisory, as well as in delivery and implementation as you support projects, work streams, and teams. This is a key transitional role from delivery to management; you’ll be able to put your own creative ideas into practice as you take ownership of deliverables and resources on transformation projects, and hone your commercial skills.
You will also assume real ownership of projects and key stakeholders at executive levels, as you help them transform their IT strategy in order to build and operate efficient Information Management systems. We are vendor neutral, so we have the maximum capability to provide our clients with objective advice.
You will benefit from accelerating your skills in the sales process, as you will develop your capability in managing budgets, forecasting, and contributing to bid and proposal work. Our environment is entrepreneurial, meritocratic, and team-focused. If this sounds like you, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
A Manager’s primary focus will be on the delivery of client work. They will typically lead a cross-service line team of consultants and analysts taking ownership for major deliverables. In addition, Managers should undertake practice development and business management activities to help grow the ECM practice as well as aligning to an industry to exploit depth of knowledge and professional experience.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Leading the delivery of key transformation projects focusing on one or more of the following:
- ECM strategy definition and implementation
- Vendor specification and selection
- Portals, Collaboration, and Social
- Electronic Documents and Records Management (EDRM)
- Workflow and Case Management
- Knowledge Management
- Content Analytics
- Investigating and understanding trends in the evolving ECM landscape, such as the growth in demand for cloud-based document sharing tools such as Box;
- Managing key client stakeholders’ relationships and leading teams of Deloitte and client personnel;
- Planning and staffing projects for clients based on complex deliverables and programmes of work;
- Taking responsibility for project budgets and client deliverables;
- Assisting in the further development of our market leading ECM offerings and help produce thought leadership to showcase our capabilities to clients; and
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
The ECM team includes practitioners who have technical, industry and functional expertise in unlocking the potential of unstructured data. Along with the understanding of core technical areas in information management, the successful candidate is also expected to possess demonstrable knowledge in key consulting areas. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in content management and experience of operating in a client facing or consultative environment and the ability to work as part of integrated team or as an individual. The candidate should be analytically minded and have the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge to deliver insights and solve problems.
To qualify, you must possess:
- Demonstrable knowledge of one or more of the following industry-standard tools and platforms:
- Document Management – Dell EMC, IBM, OpenText, Microsoft, HP, Alfresco
- Information Governance – StoredIQ, Kazeon
- Collaboration – Office 365, SharePoint, Jive
- Social – Yammer, Slack
- Content Analytics – HP Haven, IBM Watson
- Business Process Management – Appian, Pega, Kofax, BeInformed
- Proven ability to deliver one or more of the following engagement types:
- Strategy, approach definition, visioning
- Business and system design
- Target operating model design
- Adoption and activation
- Platform health checks
- Implementation, upgrades and delivery
- Content assessments
- Vendor specification and selection
- Proven ability to lead sales opportunities, develop proposals, respond to client needs and lead sales through to successful conclusion;
- Programme/Project Management experience preferably using a recognised methodology such as Prince2 or Managing Successful Projects (MSP);
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of an industry and its current events i.e. banking, infrastructure and capital programmes, etc.;
- Prior experience of working in a similar environment or a large consultancy is preferred;
- A graduate degree or equivalent project experience;
- Good commercial awareness; and
- Full travel mobility.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value – we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers – answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121471
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top