Deloitte Leadership powered by Kaisen, Director - Consulting, UK
Following the aqcuisition of Kaisen Consulting Limited by Deloitte in 2015, we are bringing together the Kaisen expertise, with Deloitte's global footprint and business knowledge, to scale a leadership practice globally.
The Deloitte Leadership practice powered by Kaisen methodologies advises companies on three main areas: defining leadership strategies, assessing individuals for their leadership potential and helping develop those individuals. As part of our ambitious growth plans we are currently recruiting for a Manager / Senior manager in the UK.
Deloitte Leadership is launching the leadership consulting practice as part of the wider Human Capital consulting team in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, and Japan, before it is rolled out to its network of member firms.
Do you want to:
- Use psychology to make a difference to business performance?
- Join our innovative team in delivering Deloitte global solutions powered by Kaisen's leading edge products and services?
- Work internationally with prestigious clients?
As a manager in the Leadership Practice, you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering core products to clients to high standards of reliability i.e. individual profiling of senior level business leaders, development planning, leadership development training
- Completing diagnostic and facilitation work within client organisations
- Writing reports on individual and organisational issues
- Establishing good working relationships across Consulting and Deloitte service lines
- Actively contributing to the growth of the business by identifying and delivering sales opportunities
- Leading projects, focusing on the deployment of assessment and development solutions across a range of client contexts
- Planning, scoping and shaping the core Leadership elements of major projects and programmes
- Leading and project managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver against client objectives
- Offering a strong and compelling view around Leadership/Talent related matters and issues, such that it builds the credibility of the Leadership Practice
- Working with a range of stakeholders, and being seen as a subject matter expert within client organisations and by colleagues
- Playing an active role in the career development of more junior Deloitte Leadership colleagues
- Having a broad perspective on potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Spotting areas for improvement in current ways of working within the practice and managing the implementation of new approaches in a proactive manner
To qualify for the role you will:
- Have obtained an undergraduate psychology degree from a reputable university (ideally a degree which confers Graduate Basis for Registration with the British Psychological Society at 2:1 or above)
- Have a post graduate degree in Occupational/Organisational/Business Psychology or related field. If you do not possess such a qualification you will be expected to take on a part time MSc in Occupational Psychology whilst working
- Have good quality experience of working in a commercial business environment which will enable you to bring both psychological and business insight to our clients. (e.g. within large 'blue chip' organisations, within HR roles or direct commercial/operational management experience)
- Have significant experience of managing Leadership Consulting (assessment and development) projects (in line with the responsibilities detailed above) in a consulting organisation, or in an internal consultant role
- Be confident in working alongside senior business stakeholders, ideally with experience of interacting with business leaders
- Have experience of working effectively within a team environment and managing team members
- Be willing to work on short-term consulting assignments across the UK, Europe and worldwide, with the flexibility to work on international assignments for up to 3 weeks at a time
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Formal training in the use of psychometrics, e.g. Level A and Level B certifications in test use
- Fluency in a second language
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 128082
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top