Deloitte, HR Operations, Manager, London
At Deloitte, Human Resources is transforming. To achieve our firm’s aspirations of becoming the undisputed leader in professional services by 2020, we’re changing the way we do things. We need influential and business-minded HR professionals to drive the change and to inspire our people to make an impact that matters for our clients, colleagues and society.
Supports the overseeing of HR Projects, manages Risks and Issues and creates status reports as part of the new HR Operating Model.
Complex partnership structure and relationships. Role covers UK business ~15,000 people (5 service lines (including ICS) with around 1000 partners).
Ensuring that all project risks and issues are prioritised appropriately and mitigating actions are in place. Working with project managers to ensure project timelines, budget and scope are adhered to.
- Collates and presents appropriate data / insight / dashboards to identify status against plan and effectively communicate to accountable leads (run rate, forecast v budget etc)
- Designing the required governance, processes, tools and templates that support the project management framework
- Establishing clear and simple principles on how projects are to be defined and evaluated in terms of cost / value; how projects are to be prioritised against resource constraints
- Designing a change control process
- Supporting all the required governance forums
- Working closely with the project sponsors to maintain the project portfolio ensuring it is remains accurate and up to date
- Maintaining a master plan for key milestones and deliverables across HR
- The PMO will update plans and produce status reports for projects, programs and portfolios. Depending on the level of sophistication of the Knowledge Base, this may be a manual activity or a thoroughly automated function.
HR Services Demand management
- Works with HRLT and CoEs to ensure all demand has been captured.
- Creates a summary of new demand and existing demand to be discussed, assessed and prioritised at relevant forums.
HR Service Governance
- Works collaboratively with Finance to control and monitor HR project costs and expenditure against the plan, escalating risks and change control with clear alignment to budget plans across ICS and firm strategy
- Works with stakeholders in the SSO to ensure any key dependencies are highlighted and that project timelines are shared where SSO resource is required.
- Works with other supporting functions to ensure
HR Risk management
- Maintain the risk and issues log and escalate to the HR Ops Director as per the process; Reviewing action logs to ensure progress and diligence
To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Prince II certification or similar (practitioner level)
- Experience of working in an HR operations team and ideally with a relationship management element with a shared services unit.
- Experience of setting up a PMO either within a service/operations area or within a transformation programme context.
- Track record of delivering excellent project plans and status reports
- Track record of execution to plan, quality and budget
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Experience gained within a HR function
- Experience and track record of competence in project methodology
- MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) certification
Success factors and KPI’s
- Ensures all risks and issues have a mitigating action and all issues and likely risks are escalated to the relevant stakeholder.
We are Internal Client Services (ICS)
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 128978
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top