Deloitte Government & Public Services Risk & Financial Advisory Intern - Business
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term solutions? As an Intern in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory, you'll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse sectors while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. Our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice helps agencies effectively navigate business risks and opportunities-from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks. We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading team's help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance and disrupt through innovation.
Work you'll do
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects leveraging your business-related degree to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients embrace change, grow their business, accelerate performance, and navigate periods of crisis or controversy and emerge resilient.
The type of work you focus on will be influenced by your office placement and business needs. Your recruiter will be able to provide more information about our offices. Projects may be aligned to the following areas and include:
- Accounting & Internal Controls: Helping clients advance transparency, relevance, and the quality of information disclosed to the markets and investors so that they can meet regulatory and attestation requirements. You'll support clients and business unit finance leaders in solving complex financial accounting and reporting issues enabled by digital technologies.
- Regulatory & Forensic Investigations: Assisting with compiling, analyzing, and documenting facts for matters under investigation or in litigation and helping clients manage and respond to internal and external investigations, regulatory concerns, litigation, and other business controversy. Supporting clients with their most pressing regulatory and operational challenges. Helping them to identify, remediate, monitor, and manage enterprise risks and create value through implementing a compliant, resilient enterprise
- Strategic Risk: Helping clients to embrace their most strategic risks, providing a platform of advisory services that enable senior executives to plan for, spot, assess, manage, and respond to brand and reputational, financial, catastrophic risks and unforeseen threats that could undermine their competitive position and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation or financial standing
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients and teams
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
- Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps agencies navigate a variety of risks to lead in the marketplace and disrupt through innovation. The insights of our professionals, combined with our specialized products and services, help clients learn how to embrace complexity and leverage their position of strength to accelerate performance.
Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
- Those pursuing an undergraduate or Master's degrees in the following majors will be considered:
- Accounting or related business major, management information systems, business analytics or other business technology related major
- Other majors will be considered with a concentration in accounting or a related area
- Strong academic track record (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8)
- A strong understanding of Windows-based applications including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Meets minimum requirements for CPA eligibility or other relevant certifications before beginning full-time employment
- Strong academic track record (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2)
- Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte's purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte's purpose, commitments, and impact.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: 149021