Deloitte Global, Strategic Project Manager Global Clients & Industries, London, Secondment
The Global Clients and Industries (GC&I) team within Deloitte, Touche, Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) is responsible for driving growth and alignment within the Deloitte member firm network through client, industry, and sector initiatives and investments in key markets.
GC&I is responsible for driving growth and alignment within the Deloitte member firm network to deliver a consistent experience and the very best of Deloitte across the network to our Global Crown Jewel/Global Strategic clients. The goal is to serve our Global Crown Jewel/Global Strategic clients with quality and distinction and make a measurable, tangible, and attributable impact.
This role will be responsible for the support and execution of GC&I’s priorities including providing leadership and operational support, strategic guidance and driving/supporting implementation of the key initiatives. It offers a unique opportunity to grow strategic planning and advisory skills, enhance operations management capabilities, and understand planning and execution of global strategies. The role offers an excellent opportunity to interface with the Global Clients & Industries network.
It is an ideal role for a versatile top performing, experienced Sr. Consultant or Manager who would like to gain experience working with a global organization, build a global network, and develop significant understanding of the global organization.
Location: All locations, with a preference for London or New York / East Coast some travel may be required
Part of the core leadership support team, responsible for a broad range of activities, including:
- Lead and/or support the storyboard and content for a high volume of presentations and reports for the Global Clients & Industries Leadership team, Industry / Sector Leaders, and other high-profile leadership events, as required.
- Lead or support strategic initiatives as identified during the year to deliver on client leadership priorities and program objectives, including coordination industry and sector leaders and teams to drive the development of strong industry programs and capabilities.
- Manage GC&I operational initiatives including strategic reporting, industry / sector coordination, and development of the strategy and approach to initiatives and priority focus areas
- Define and execute processes for gathering, integrating, and leveraging industry and sector information across businesses, regions, and member firm
- Provide ongoing support on strategic projects and ad hoc requests
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; advanced degree from a top school preferred
- Prior relevant experience in consulting or strategic initiatives
- Exceptional ability to prepare executive ready materials that “tell-the-story” succinctly and logically; ability to flex the communication and messaging to the audience and context
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) with strong attention to detail and best in class deliverables
- Strong project management and time management skills; ability to track and manage a significant number of concurrent initiatives
- Ability to work independently under pressure, and on multiple assignments while maintaining top quality deliverables
- Outstanding research and analytical skills: ability to synthesize large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of building effective working relationships with internal stakeholders across multiple business areas, functions, and geographies
- Ability to design and deliver a holistic approach around people, process, and technology within the right strategic context, and lead all aspects of the project life cycle from concept to delivery
- Comfortable with creating reasonable structure to meet the objectives of the task at hand in ambiguous environment often with limited information
- Ability to multi-task and deliver on portions of multiple projects in a fast-paced, intense, results-oriented environment
- High degree of endurance, responsiveness, and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work and quickly adapt to constantly varying priorities and subject matter
- Ability to navigate a global, matrixed, and mostly virtual environment for effective outcomes
We are Internal Client Services (ICS)
Our support function is known as Internal Client Services and the scope of their activities covers every one of our UK offices. ICS is Deloitte’s engine room and is made up of all the parts that are necessary in order to keep the firm running. The department is split into seven key areas: Human Resources, IT Services, Clients and Markets, Finance & Legal, Property & Corporate Services, Service Line Support (including Secretarial), and Shared Service Organisation. ICS employees play a critical role by helping their internal stakeholders to be more efficient and focused on delivering a distinctive experience to their individual client groups.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 123357
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top