Deloitte Global, Project Manager, Strategy & Operations, Global Talent, London
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) provides professional and consultative services to our member firms across the globe. We develop, drive, and support the Global Strategy and Brand for the overall Deloitte organization. Employees of DTTL work on complex, business projects that connect and serve Deloitte client service practitioners across the world.
The Global Talent Shared Services (GTSS) team collaborates with business and talent leaders in DTTL and member firms to deliver on their shared vision for Global Talent. GTSS is a strategic business partner, enabling Deloitte to achieve its vision and objectives.
The manager of the GTSS Project Management Office (PMO) will manage and oversee a range of projects related to GTSS operations and strategic initiatives. The PMO manager is responsible for managing the overall project management process, and for providing coordination and management of the PMO processes and functions. This role will provide input to leadership on improving consistency, predictability, and efficiency of project delivery.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Provides project management oversight for GTSS strategic and operational projects. Works with GTSS leadership to identify and evaluate priorities, and provides day to day management for PMO resources.
- For each project, ensures appropriate documentation and project plans are developed and monitored, risks and issues are tracked and followed up on, and progress is being reported accurately.
- Provides updates to GTSS team on the status of projects; provides a point of view on the status and health of the projects and provides input on solutions for issues. Leads the development of a GTSS projects dashboard to provide increased transparency on key project metrics that includes overall status, milestones, budget, risks, etc.
- Drives and oversees projects to completion; is proactive in working with PMO team to provide assistance and development opportunities.
- Manages annual project planning process, takes an active role in developing the fiscal year project list with GTSS leadership and key stakeholders. Works with key stakeholders to identify and manage their projects and needs throughout the fiscal year.
- Leads scheduling and resource planning efforts for projects on regular basis.
- Develops communications and presentations to share project information. Develops and delivers presentations, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison for projects and operations between GTSS, GTS, and other stakeholders.
- Provides management and guidance to domestic and offshore resources.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary.
- Advanced capability with Microsoft Office suite
- Significant project and program management experience
- Relevant experience, ideally in a talent or learning strategy/operations role
- Ability to take initiatives from abstract to concrete
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen
- Executive presence
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively in matrix organization; ability to work effectively with individuals from different countries and cultures; ability to influence stakeholders
We are Internal Client Services (ICS)
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical' ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 132940
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top