Deloitte Global - Office of General Counsel - Senior Lawyer
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
This position will be part of the Corporate Group of the DTTL Office of General Counsel. Led by the General Counsel, DTTL OGC consists of approximately 30 people, including lawyers, accountants, and legal assistants. DTTL OGC has three main groups: Corporate, Claims, and Regulatory, each of which is led by a Deputy General Counsel. The Corporate group currently has ten full-time lawyers, including the Deputy General Counsel, and legal assistants.
Our Office of General Counsel is currently looking for a Senior Lawyer. The person hired will contribute in the following areas:
- Provide legal support on combinations, joint ventures, and other arrangements among the member firms of the Deloitte network
- Provide legal support for various investments in member firms by Deloitte Global
- Provide legal support for large or strategic acquisitions by the Deloitte network
- Advise on the powers, authorities, and responsibilities of the Boards, Committees, and Executives of the Deloitte Global entities
- Advise on matters relating to structure of the Deloitte network
- Advise on proposed amendments to governance documents
- Advise leadership on material member firm matters, activities, and transactions
- Ensure compliance with governance obligations
- Prepare resolutions and filings, including certain securities filings
- Advise the businesses on the implementation of, and risks associated with, technology systems and innovations
- Prepare agreements for the procurement of technology solutions and other products and services
- Advise on the transfer and sharing of intellectual property throughout the Deloitte network (including drafting appropriate agreements)
- Advise on confidentiality, information security, and privacy considerations
- General Matters
- Advise on aspects of global strategies
- Advise on risks to the Deloitte network based on proposed transactions, structural matters, and other activities
- Provide legal support on bank lending arrangements
- Provide legal support on the provision of services by Deloitte Global to member firms, including the structure of how such services are provided
- Provide legal support on personnel assignment arrangements
- Review and advise on Deloitte policies
- Review press releases and other communications
- Support efforts to protect the Deloitte brand and license it internally
- Work closely with Deloitte Global business and legal leaders and member firm leaders
Education: Bachelor's degree and a J.D. from a top law school.
Years of Experience: At least 10 years of experience as a lead attorney on M&A transactions.
- Transactional involvement within a broad range of industries, including private equity, banking, financial advisory services, real estate, asset management, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, technology, and energy.
- Experience drafting and negotiating transactional documents, merger agreements, purchase and sale agreements, securities documents and public filings, commercial contracts, license agreements, employment agreements, master services agreements, transitional services agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, novation and assignment agreements, escrow agreements, letters of intent, MOUs, and company formation and organizational documents.
- Highly client-service oriented with a proven commitment to quality
- Experience working across borders and with clients from different geographies and cultures
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- IP and Technology background a plus
- Demonstrates consistent thought leadership and strategic thinking in sensitive and complex situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively delivering information orally and in writing
- Strong work ethic; we are a leanly staffed legal department and everyone in the Corporate group handles a broad array of matters, works on all facets of those matters and directly interfaces with Deloitte network leaders
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships across the Deloitte network and externally
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP007LM0469
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top