Deloitte, Future Opportunities in Corporate Finance Advisory, M&A, London
Deloitte, Future Opportunities in Corporate Finance Advisory, M&A, All Locations
Deloitte Advisory Corporate Finance provides corporates, private equity houses and other clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, a significant number of which are cross-border or international in nature.
This service line is divided into product and sector teams. The product teams cover debt advisory, plc advisory, special situations (difficult/distressed M&A) and valuations. The sector teams comprise Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Real Estate, THL and TMT.
There are around 200 people working in this area in London and the regions. With the economy and the M&A market recovering the business is growing and as it continues to expand will be taking on more junior staff on an ongoing basis.
Responsibilities can include:
- Working on a range of buy-side and sell-side transactions
- Assisting with day to day management of transactions which includes preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for preparation of information and client communications
- Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis
- Valuation work and Financial modelling, including DCF and LBO analysis
- Contribution to marketing and business development opportunities
Typical skills and experience required:
- ACA (or equivalent) qualification (not essential depending on other experience)
- Ideally some transactional experience gained on client engagements or on secondment
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of data quickly
- Client focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- Enthusiasm for and ideally previous exposure to the Healthcare or Life Science sectors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Project management and organisational skills
- Ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial analysis for inclusion in client reports
- The self-confidence/appetite to be involved in business development activities
- 2:1 degree with strong A level results (or equivalent)
If you cannot find the right role for you in our current vacancy list, you can submit your CV via the Apply Online option and our recruitment team will contact you as soon as something suitable does arise. Please note this is not a live opening.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that's rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 130367
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top