Deloitte, Financial Services Advisory, Risk Management, Assistant Manager (Leeds, Newcastle or Manchester)
About the Financial Services Advisory Group
Our Financial Services Advisory Group specialises in assisting firms in the development of their governance, risk and compliance arrangements. Our regional Risk and Regulation Team focuses on Conduct Risk, Operational Risk, Strategic Risk, Financial Risk and Internal Audit.
About the Risk and Regulation Team
Our clients face a range of complex, challenging and interrelated risks which threaten their profitability, financial stability and overall performance. Stakeholders increasingly expect our clients to anticipate the risks they face and put in place measures to manage these.
Our team help our clients understand the risks they are exposed to and support them with the implementation of a disciplined and structured approach to identifying, assessing and managing risk in line with their strategy, business model and regulatory obligations.
Our work includes the design, enhancement and assessment of Risk Management Frameworks, governance, processes, systems and policies. We also assist clients with the implementation of Frameworks and offer specialist risk training and education to both client employees and Boards.
What we offer
We offer an individual the opportunity to work on exciting risk and governance projects with a wide variety of financial services clients. We are committed to retaining and developing our people and are prepared to invest in an individual's development through a combination of professional qualifications, mentoring, and industry leading in house training and on the job experience. The individual will have chance to influence and drive their own development plan to help align it to their career aspirations and personal preferences.
The individual will have significant career progression opportunities in-line with the requirements of the business and their own performance.
- To deliver high-quality output, advice and assurance to the firm's client on a variety of engagements and in line with the agreed deliverables
- To support the firm's clients in implementing enhancements to their risk management frameworks
- To maintain, develop and share knowledge to ensure high quality delivery to clients
- To contribute to the development of the wider team
- To manage the Firm's risk exposure at all times through adherence to our quality and risk management practices when engaged on client work
- To develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders
- To identify opportunities across existing and new clients and manage these accordingly
- To support local and national projects and initiatives
- To adhere to and promote the firm's commitment to creating an inclusive culture
In summary, the role requires a strong regulatory background and significant demonstrable experience of risk management practices and regulation within financial services.
Specifically, a combination of a number of the following:
- Knowledge of risk management practices, framework implementation, development and operations developed through roles performed
- Experience of developing, implementing and maintaining risk management frameworks, policies, processes, systems or tools
- Knowledge of governance practices and requirements (such as the UK Combined Code)
- Evidence of operating and interacting at a senior management or Board level within a risk management capacity
- Experience delivering training or education on risk and regulatory issues to senior stakeholders
- Experience of working within the UK Financial Services industry with a financial services firm, regulator (the FCA or PRA), or a professional services firm
- Industry related relevant qualifications would be beneficial (such as IRM, etc.)
If you are interested in having a confidential and informal discussion about this role, please make an application through the website link and a member of our team will be in touch.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our Work Agility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 132765
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top