Deloitte, Finance Service Desk Assistant, FTC - 12 months, Milton Keynes
The Shared Services Organisation requires a Finance Service Desk Assistant to provide an impeccable service supporting and providing advice and guidance on a wide range of Finance queries and issues for our firm’s clients, employees and vendors.
The emphasis is to provide a consistently high level of customer service to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our users and the Shared Services objectives, and to provide additional support in busy periods to the Customer Services teams to ensure service level agreements are met or exceeded and support work to deliver specific projects.
The Finance Service Desk team of 9 is based in dual locations (Milton Keynes office and our extended delivery Centre in Hyderabad), and is part of the Shared Services Organisation. The Shared Services Organization is based in Milton Keynes in the UK and USI, supporting the UK and Swiss Firms comprising 19,000 Partners and staff including 24 UK Offices and 5 Swiss offices.
- As required, provide high quality guidance on a wide range of Finance Service Desk queries covering the whole range of services provided to Deloitte employees, clients and vendors within a clearly defined framework/timeframes
- Customer liaison, call logging and query resolution via multiple contact methods e.g. telephone, email, webchat
- Record and maintain accurate activity information tracking through to timely closure
- Deliver excellent service in line with process requirements and ensure service level agreements are met
- Deliver a people focussed approach through the timely and accurate completion of queries and activities, providing high quality first line advice and guidance
- Escalate more complex queries to the Senior Assistant/ Team Leader or specific cases to the appropriate SME team or third party provider
- Take responsibility for keeping up to date on Deloitte policy and process developments.
- Maintain own continuing professional development to ensure advice given is appropriate and of a high quality.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Data Protection legislation at all times.
- Contribute to building the teams learning guide, champion network and wider projects and initiatives in the Shared Services Organisation as required.
- Active participation in CSI (Continuous Service Improvements) initiatives within team, function and Shared Service organisation
- Liaison and build relationships with SME’s and other Shared Services Organisation teams as appropriate
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a professional, friendly and approachable manner with the ability to cope when under pressure.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to communicate at all levels, displaying good email etiquette and excellent telephone manner
- Liaison with various key stakeholders, resolving queries to an exceptionally high standard
- Takes ownership of queries and use their own initiative demonstrating attention to detail
- Active listener with a calm manner and the ability to ask effective questions, being aware of implications and impacts through seeking to exceed the client’s needs and expectations,
- Can prioritise own workload and follows appropriate policies and processes
- Must be a supportive team player who is reliable and respects others, with a desire to meet and exceed team targets
- Committed to working with their team to maintain a positive team spirit
- Embraces new ideas with an enthusiastic manner and eager to learn new technologies
- Displays professional approach at all times and demonstrates integrity with a can do attitude and a good understanding of risk
- Keeps up to date externally with industry news
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential
- Experience within an finance department is preferred
- Previous experience within a team environment and customer services preferred
We are Internal Client Services (ICS)
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 130900
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top