Deloitte, Finance Consulting, Director, Financial Services Advisory, London
Deloitte’s Finance practice focuses on the needs of the CFO and the Finance function. We help CFOs drive value for their organisations through improved decision making, finance controllership and corporate governance.
Deloitte’s Finance practice has received accolades from Gartner and Kennedy as the market leader. We will continue to be the CFO’s firm of choice, leading the most complex Finance Transformation engagements.
FS Finance Advisory practitioners act as trusted business advisors to the CFO delivering some of the largest and highest profile transformation programmes in our business. We have a strong competency focus aimed at building deep capability in all of our people so that they are able to directly address the key issues facing CFOs from a strategic, performance and profitability perspective.
FSI is the largest industry sector within Finance consulting, with nearly a third of the department involved and delivering approximately 50% of revenues. Our team work on key clients in Insurance, Banking and Capital Markets supporting them with their finance change initiatives.
We are looking for talented Directors, specialising in the financial services industry, with expertise in supporting the CFO’s agenda from a strategic, performance & profitability perspective.
You will be expected to work closely alongside other Directors and Partners which will provide you with two unique opportunities ‑ firstly, the opportunity to make a difference by influencing and shaping the strategic development of our FS Finance Advisory team, and secondly the opportunity to learn from the best in our business.
You’ll take ownership of key projects and clients with responsibility for directing teams, producing multiple deliverables across a variety of workstreams and playing a key role in account development by leading sales activities for high-profile bids in our target accounts. Working with a range of clients will also provide you with the opportunity to develop key relationships with industry leaders, and grow your leadership skills.
You will also be responsible for the growth and development of our teams and will be expected to recruit the best people, coach and support them through their careers, whilst driving activity such as proposition development, thought leadership and marketing.
By joining Deloitte, you will:
- Work with some of the most prestigious national and global clients to address their greatest challenges and provide innovative and creative solutions to overcome these
- Have access to our broad range of market-leading services, propositions, assets, and our extensive knowledge base accumulated over hundreds of successful projects to develop your career
- Continue to grow and develop your core skills, hone your industry expertise and truly reach your potential accessing the wealth of learning and development available
You will have responsibility for:
- Leading the creation of discussion decks and participating/leading in pre-sales and sales meetings
- Delivering a strong sales pipeline and playing a key role in future sales and proposition development
- Maintaining strong, long-term client relationships
- Cultivating and closing client opportunities by delivering proposals which exceed expectations
- Developing the approach to solve complex client issues based on Deloitte methodology
- Leading the delivery of workshops, reports, and managing complex programmes through to completion
- Leading a client/Deloitte team to deliver in line with senior stakeholder expectation
- Supporting client decision-making, taking account of industry context
- Providing project management expertise including senior stakeholder management
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- 100% Mobility within the UK, with some international travel
- Experience of working with senior finance professionals
- Qualified/Part Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA an advantage
- Experience working within the finance function for a Financial Services
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value – we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers – answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121425
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top