Deloitte, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, London
We are seeking an experienced D&I Manager with a strong track record in designing and delivering firmwide projects and programmes. Under the overall banner of inclusion, key areas of focus include gender, BAME and mental health. Experience and expertise in one or more of these areas would be beneficial.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Acts as an internal subject matter expert in providing deep D&I and Wellbeing knowledge, skills and experience, with a curiosity and interest that helps to build and deliver a comprehensive and meaningful firmwide plan.
- Works cross-functionally and firmwide to support the R&I and Wellbeing agendas within service lines, ensuring approaches are integrated and embedded consistently in all talent practices across the firm and that actions are taken where gaps are identified.
- Supports the engagement and education of BFHR and PSD in the R&I and Wellbeing agendas so that individuals have the opportunity to deepen their expertise as part of project delivery.
- Interacts with business leaders and HR colleagues providing professional and subject matter advice and solutions to support the firm.
- Acts as one of the points of contact between the Talent CoE, PSD, BFHR and the business.
- Manages and delivers long-term strategic firmwide projects related to R&I and Wellbeing. Works collaboratively across HR and with the Senior Manager, Culture & Inclusion to understand project pipelines and ensure excellent interactions with PSD around on-time delivery, cost and quality of project work.
- Develops collateral, including education material, toolkits, intranet articles and other communications.
- Works with the diversity networks to ensure they are aligned to the firm’s talent strategy, ensuring the networks are working together cohesively and utilising them as a sounding board for our wider talent agenda.
- Carries out research on D&I and Wellbeing best practice and build knowledge and insight around competitors.
- Understands external trends, assessing the immediate and long term opportunities they provide for the firm.
- Ability to communicate Deloitte POV on R&I approach when requested to external bodies and key forums.
- Uses data effectively to enable high quality decision-making and insight around D&I. Applies an external best practice lens to data and information in order to help drive up the bar.
- Manages and contributes to external talent benchmarking indices and award submissions, liaising across the HR function to co-ordinate input from different teams.
- Has broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; has a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Subject matter expert in D&I and Wellbeing
- Strong project and programme management skills with the ability to scope, set up and resource projects and programmes appropriately
- Proven track record of translating business objectives and needs into commercial solutions
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Specific expertise in BAME and/or mental health
- Experience of working in a partnership
- Broader HR experience
We are Internal Client Services (ICS)
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 131004
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top