Deloitte, Director, Workday, Human Capital, Consulting, UK
Deloitte leads among the HR Transformation & Technology practices, this is recognised by industry analysts such as Kennedy. Within Human Capital sits our HCM Cloud Service Area, which provides Workday HCM solutions and services to large national and multi-national clients. This Practice is a growth area within Deloitte, and owes much of its development to the exceptional global track record that has been established with an enviable client base.
Workday is a significant player for Deloitte as one of our strategic alliance partners. We work closely together on an ongoing basis and are prepared to leverage these working relationships as needed to meet the client's needs.
Our people bring a unique combination of business, functional and technical skills to the projects we deliver. We have many years of experience in dealing with full delivery lifecycles including front and back office projects, from building reliable ROI models to product selection, customisation and integration.
As a Director in our Workday practice you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering programmes
- Leading client relationships and managing key stakeholders
- Guiding, managing and leading team members
- Actively managing key risks and issues
- Developing and growing the private sector practice
- Leading and shaping the private sector team
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them and a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant experience and relationships within Workday
- Experience of Workday HCM implementation projects, performing a variety of roles through the full project life-cycle with specialist functional knowledge of Workday HCM modules
- Proven ability to structure and develop and deliver HR transformation solutions
- Track record in account development, business and relationship development and the ability to identify and act upon opportunities to build and develop Deloitte's Workday practice footprint
- Proven ability to understand, mitigate and manage risk
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to articulate complex ideas to all levels of an organisation, and effectively lead and manage all key stakeholders
- Excellent programme management discipline. This will involve working with clients to improve their organisation design, change and leadership culture
- Ability to lead and direct large and cross functional teams
- Excellent people management and development skills with a strong focus on team development
- 100% flexibility on travel requirements
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121080
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top