Deloitte, Director, Spotlight Programme Lead, London, St Albans, or Cardiff
The team you will be leading is responsible for the direction, development and support of Deloitte's Global Audit Analytics platform, a platform supporting thousands of users and clients. The platform is of central importance to Deloitte's Audit business and has been, and continues to be, a source of major investment for the firm. The platform already has a number of patents filed; innovation and quality are our watch words.
Working for the Accountable partner in the UK, the purpose of the Role is to lead, on a day to day basis, the entire Spotlight programme from the UK on behalf of the global organisation (the Member Firm (MF) Network) as co-ordinated by DTTL (Deloitte's group organisation). This role requires a blend of audit, technical, IT operational and to a lesser extent commercial expertise.
The role comprises:
- Feeling responsible for, and taking pride in, the development of Spotlight in terms of its value to Deloitte.
- Deeply understanding the role of analytics within an audit and how Spotlight and other tools operate to identify and drive:
- Functional changes (micro and macro) to improve
- the alignment of Spotlight with an audit (Where it supports)
- the scope of capability to support an audit (How it supports)
- Content breadth and depth that could enhance the contribution of analytics to an audit (Continue to push the boundaries in areas already delivered)
- Deeply understand the role of risk management in audit to ensure that the factors relevant to enhancing risk management across all engagements are promoted in an organisation that prioritises the singular engagement
- Deeply understand the objectives of MF management with respect to analytics in their portfolio of audits, ensuring that Spotlight and its associated MI and support delivers to those objectives
- Acting as a quality champion for the tools, content and the way that Spotlight is used by practitioners.
- Taking responsibility for the complete delivery of content, not just its technical development, e.g. Creating the training guides, demos, help site materials, COE training and What's new postings.
- Enabling audit bids to be supported through a rapid prototyping service and constantly striving to better support audit bids e.g. libraries of previous ideas to engage and support audit teams
- Monitoring the day to day progress of the development activities in all areas and reprioritising activity within the overall framework
- Monitor and manage the programme to develop data acquisition content for sGET.
- Monitoring operational stability and SLA compliance, ensure capacity requirements are always identified and communicated to governance
- Taking a leading role on platform level incident response e.g. Unplanned Spotlight outage
- Acting as a single point of contact for DTTL regarding platform and team performance
- Leading talent management within the team (Objectives, Appraisals, Contracts, Recruitment, Disciplinary)
- Maintain payments for patent protection as they arise
- Ensuring the UK Spotlight Lead Partner is informed of pertinent matters and guidance is sought where appropriate.
- Developing and maintaining the MI and reporting around the platform for DTTL and by MF
- Enabling the support of MF training, MF risk management, MF management through the responsive provision of information and analysis
- Finances: Creating, tracking and reporting against budget (as supported by PM), including billing DTTL
- Developing a deep relationship with Innovation teams in UK and around the network to identify opportunities to support innovation elsewhere in the firm and to bring innovation into Spotlight e.g. SQL's integration of 'R'
- Understand, challenge and support the platform roadmap e.g. Use of particular tools, upgrades to core components such as SQL Server
- Ensuring that tooling to monitor and operate the platform are also developed and maintained, through the regular monitoring of activities by the Operations team and the Centre Of Excellence (Support organisation).
- Have an enquiring mind as to how the technology is being used to identify opportunities for improvement and concerns over audit quality. Escalating both matters as appropriate.
- Standing back and critically re-evaluate the solution from time to time to enable new or modified directions of travel to be identified e.g. Redesign to support the critical role of Risk Assessment as the driver of use
- Deeply understanding the technical security of the platform and associated tools and ensure that they comply with all firm requirements but also meets personal standards where higher. Able to hold robust conversations with external security practitioners to challenge supposed weaknesses and take on board genuine matters.
- Maintain a strong appreciation for information security and driving the security agenda within the Spotlight platform itself e.g. where column level encryption should be applied, protecting Spotlight's keys, etc
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A good understanding of the audit process and how audits are conducted
- A good understanding of data analytics
- An understanding of technology use in an operational environment, in particular SQL Server, .Net and HTML5
- The ability to work on your own initiative and in many different and challenging environments.
- Strong planning, organisation and people management skills.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts within Deloitte.
- Experience of managing, strengthening and broadening key stakeholder relationships.
- Strong leadership skills
We are Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 128033
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top