Deloitte, Director, Service Optimisation, HR Consulting, Human Capital, UK
The current pace of change in HR and workforces is unprecedented as a result of emerging new technologies and ways of working create fresh challenges for organisations. In turn these are driving clients to re-think the role of the modern HR function and how these are organised for stronger contributions to business success. As a result of strong growth within our HR capabilities, we are looking for a new Director to focus on the provision of consulting and solutions to support our ongoing improvement of client’s HR Operations. Specifically this will include a deep appreciation of HR service delivery, end-to-end processes and customer experience. Knowledge in this area will be linked to experience of delivering major efficiency and effectiveness improvements in HR delivery on a global scale. The successful candidate will also have a strong grasp of lean process techniques, data-driven continuous improvement and process performance measurement. The role will involve the development of new client revenues as well as leading delivery of major client programmes.
A Service Optimisation Director within our HR & Technology Advisory practice will have responsibility for:
- HR Shared Service design and optimisation
- Customer experience design work
- Taking responsibility for data-led performance improvement
- Applying Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Leading pre-sales and bid activities
- Providing subject matter expertise in HR technologies
- Developing and owning Senior HR level relationships within selected industry groups;
- Creating a network within chosen industry groups;
- Achieving sales and managing revenue targets commensurate with a senior management grade;
- Understanding the full range of professional services that can be offered by a firm such as Deloitte and identifying opportunities for cross selling;
- Is able to provide insights to clients in specific areas concerning the strategic future of their business and the role of HR therein;
- Managing relationships with clients on a daily basis, maintaining frequent and direct contact with senior level executives;
- Ability to bring a distinct and compelling point of view to bear in reaching consensus through negotiation;
- Managing the adherence of all client deliverables to required legal and compliance standards;
- Performing a leading role in the development of Deloitte and the Human Capital competencies;
- Presenting thought leadership pieces around Human Capital both internally to Deloitte and externally at seminars and events;
- Responsible for managing large teams of 25+ and performing the associated people management tasks effectively e.g. performance management, coaching, development planning, motivating etc.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Proven track record of delivering large projects through the full project lifecycle and/or programme management in a consulting environment with direct responsibility for at least 10 personnel and large budgets e.g. over £2million
- Successfully transformed global Shared Services and HR operating models
- Demonstrates solid, relevant experience in articulating the HR Consulting strategy and vision. Has a strong understanding of and ability to design / architect HR Digital solutions and is capable of producing broad business HR process designs.
- Understands the change management effort required when enabling change (e.g. training, stakeholder management, role transitions, communications or organisational design);
- Has proven ability to successfully project manage large HR Digital Transformations and deployments through the full project life-cycle also using a mix of on and offshore resources to deliver these projects successfully;
- Educated to Graduate / Postgraduate level;
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value – we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers – answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to
truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
Requisition code: 129314
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top