Deloitte, Director, Operational Due Diligence, London
This is your opportunity to utilise your experience of performance management and operational improvement in a challenging new environment, joining the Financial Advisory practice of Deloitte, one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. You will assist private equity, corporate and banking clients in maximising value from their investment and lending transactions.
The Operational Due Diligence team is a core part of Deloitte’s market leading Post Merger Integration group. Collectively we are c. 80 London-based professionals who provide operational diligence, integration and separation expertise to corporate organisations, Private Equity houses and banks. Widely recognised as the most experienced, dedicated integration and separation team in EMEA, we support transactions across all industry sectors. We have worked on over 200 of the largest and most complex integrations, separations and joint ventures including supporting such clients as Lloyds TSB/HBoS, BA/Iberia, Travelex/MasterCard, Geely Automotive/Volvo, KKR, Vision Capital and many more, and through this work have developed a good understanding of what is and what is not achievable in a pre-deal benefits case and in a restructuring.
Assistant Director will have responsibility for:
- Assisting clients in understanding the true operational capability of acquisitions and investment companies
- Working with Corporate and Private Equity clients in the assessment of potential merger synergies and carve-outs, stand-alone performance improvements of buy-outs or operational turnarounds for underperforming companies
- Working with colleagues from Financial Advisory, Consulting and the broader Deloitte network, the team provide our clients with a coherent overview of the business operations, performance gaps and the potential for rapid improvement
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience of being a consultant or line manager who has played a significant role in realising performance improvement or delivering an operational turnaround within a short time horizon
- Strong commercial acumen and project management capability;
- Developed your skills in a top management consultancy or a corporate environment – preferably both;
- Excellent academics with a strong first degree or equivalent qualification as a minimum;
- Strong analytical and business diagnostic skills;
- Experience of working in a deal environment with senior management;
- Good sector knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- Flexibility for international travel.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 122094
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top